Company; Moko Home + Living
Position; Sales Development Representative
Location; Mombasa Road, Nairobi
Who We Are
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play.
But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach.
Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
- Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
- Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
- Grown from a start-up to mid-sized company
What You’ll Do
We’re looking to add customer-oriented, analytical people to our Customer Engagement team. This is an entry level position for someone who is interested in a sales and marketing career. To work with us you’ll need to be motivated in conducting market research and in building long-term relationships with customers – whether they are hustling in Gikomba or running a major supermarket.
Initially, you will be assigned with market research activities but as you grow in the job you will start building your own customer portfolio. Once you begin managing your customers you’ll take pride in keeping everyone’s accounts in order – making sure the dozens of clients you manage are fully stocked while keeping on top of their account payments. Most importantly, you’ll be eager to take on more responsibility and grow your career as part of our team.
The Role In Brief
Market research + Build customer portfolio
- Research, identify and qualify potential customer leads via internet research, conducting field visits and phone calls.
- Conduct survey/market mapping assigned within the assigned timeframe
- Use industry networks and other means to generate new leads on an on-going basis
- Pursue leads, research prospects and make initial introductory calls
- Make product presentations which show an in-depth understanding of our products and the client’s needs
Manage Client Accounts
- Take responsibility for placing orders according to credit rules and credit limit established by your supervisor
- Manage customers’ payment schedule and ensure that customers adhere to credit limits
- Build long-term relationships with clients and service recurring order needs
- Provide all customer support required by the clients in your portfolio
Career Growth + Compensation
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
Are You Our Dream Candidate?
- A preference for 1-2 years’ experience in a role with sales or customer relations responsibilities
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills and success in developing productive professional relationships
- A mature professional who can comfortably relate with business owners and senior purchasing managers
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail—ability to analyze customer statements and proactively identify and address issues with customer accounts
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Eager to join a quickly-growing organization and team
Please visit our website moko.co.ke/careers and apply through our online form, Apply Here – All Positions .