Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets.
We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding.
We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms.
We launched our first toilet in November 2011, and we now have a network of over 2,700 active Fresh Life Toilets serving over 100,000 urban residents every single day. We collect and convert over 6,000 tons of waste every year. At the same time, we have built a team of 250 dedicated team with diverse background.
Our work has been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts.
Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We currently seek a Maintenance Coordinator who will work in our Maintenance Services department:
About the role: The team works on maintenance of Sanergy assets, equipment and vehicles.
This includes organizing for periodic services, conducting planned maintenance and ensuring daily maintenance is conducted. It also includes responding to breakdowns and ensuring they breakdowns are fixed within the shorted period. We are working to reduce the time to repair the equipment and increase the uptime. We add value to the organization by ensuring all the equipment is up to standard and performing as per the requirements.
The successful candidate will be in charge of ensuring all maintenance related activities and requests are completed on time. Within the first year; – organize all team shared folders and documents – handle all administrative work for the team – handle the maintenance float for both Sanergy and Fresh Life – manage all procurement requests and follow up on approvals – working with Finance and Procurement to ensure all payments are made on time – working with Business Risk to ensure completeness of information for all contracts – ensure completeness of all maintenance related data – manage all maintenance related vendors.
A typical day for you might include the following
- Organize all team shared folders and documents
- Handle all administrative work for the team
- Handle the maintenance float for both Sanergy and Fresh Life
- Manage all procurement requests and follow up on approvals
- Collaborate with Finance and Procurement to ensure all payments are made on time
- To ensure all maintenance related activities and requests are completed on time.
- Collaborate with Business Risk to ensure completeness of information for all contracts
- Ensure completeness of all maintenance related data
- Manage all maintenance related vendors
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor
Skills and qualifications you’ll need
- Diploma or Degree in construction, electrical or mechanical engineering
- Demonstrable experience of 3 years in facilities and equipment maintenance experience.
- Excellent analytical and reasoning skills, plus excellent organization and planning skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of specialized equipment as required by department (including applicable computer related applications, i.e., work orders, purchasing cards, inventory tracking).
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well among the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
The perks you’ll have
- ● A holistic benefits package
● Unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth
● A unique chance to tackle critical challenges of sanitation, economic empowerment and food security
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees HERE by 31st July, 2019.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis