Job Vacancy: Talent Intern
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making safe sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves 3 critical steps: we build a dense network of high-quality sanitation facilities — Fresh Life Toilets — franchised to residents in the community.
We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Finally, we convert the waste into valuable agricultural inputs, which we sell to Kenyan farmers.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts.
The Sanergy Fellows Program seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We currently seek a Talent Intern who will work in our Talent department.
A typical day for you will include
- Assisting in the hiring process, including but not limited to advertising for new positions, reviewing job applications, scheduling interviews and reference checks
- Ensuring the necessary documents for new employees (e.g. IDs, KRA PIN, NSSF, NHIF and bank account details etc.) are obtained on employee joining the company
- Assisting in on boarding and training logistics where need be
- Assisting in preparation of documentation required for staff contract renewal
- Assisting with off boarding process where need be
- Assisting in carrying out special projects that promote culture and engagement
- Any other tasks as instructed
Qualities you will need to fit in well with the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
Skills and qualifications you will need
- Diploma in Human Resources and/or Administration from a recognized institution (Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage)
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Must be attentive to details
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, demonstrated by ability to work both independently and within a team
While the 2019 Sanergy interns are not provided monetary compensation, the experience gleaned from their time at Sanergy will benefit them for many years to come.
Join us in pushing the frontiers of innovation.
CLICK HERE to apply online.
Application deadline is 26th July 2019.