Meridian Health Group (MHG) is one of the fastest growing service providers in the Kenyan medical industry providing the full spectrum of healthcare services.
We are inviting self-motivated and talented candidates to fill in the following positions:
The Senior Accountant will report to the Finance Manager.
The position holder will handle all accounting operations within the company, verify financial records and transactions, and monitor the accounting team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and ensure timely circulation of accurate, reliable monthly and annual management accounts for the group.
- Prepare the various adhoc reports and analysis for management decision making.
- Custodian of all finance communication files and data
- Supervise and coordinate of finance, accounting and procurement team activities and functions.
- Ensure adherence to various Standard Operating Systems (SOPs) in finance department. Ensuring that appropriate procedures and accounting systems are in place.
- Review and sign off on monthly closing procedures soft and hard copy files and ensuring correctness and compliance of months balances and ensuring integrity of the information in the system by closing Navision on a monthly basis.
- Ensure existence of proper inventory management and fixed assets system and organizing for monthly and random stock counts.
- Supervise the updating of the general ledger and other subsidiary ledgers, manage various reconciliations and analysis and approving making correction journals.
- Responsible for coordinating annual financial audits and ensuring timely preparation of the audit schedules and trial balance for audit purposes.
- Responsible for the posting of adjustment journals as recommended by auditors.
- Assist the Finance Manager to compile data and information for preparation of the company’s annual budgets.
- Monitor budget performance through comparing the actual performance with budget.
- Ensure all applicable tax obligations are filed in accordance with the prevailing KRA requirements.
Senior Accountant Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA /ACCA qualification
- 4 Years’ experience in financial & management accounting
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the requirements for any of the positions above should send current CV and cover letter quoting the post applying for in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 17th July, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.