The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa, has an excellent career opportunity for an individual who possesses a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidate will be a team player with ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical practice.
Senior Internal Auditor – Financial, Operational & Information Systems Audit
Organization: The Nairobi Hospital
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the timely completion of financial, operational & information technology and security audits in a manner that is consistent with The International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and conducting risk based financial, operational & information system audits.
- Developing audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives
- Monitoring the project status of new systems development, disaster recovery testing, the business continuity plan, and other activities related to IT processing.
- Reviewing the reliability and integrity of the financial and operating information and the means used to identify, measure, classify, and report such information.
- Reviewing the means of safeguarding information assets and monitoring of ongoing performance metrics established by the IT Departments.
- Supervision of auditors, preparation & reviewing working papers prepared by auditors according to departmental guidelines & international standards.
- Evaluating the adequacy of security and processing controls as they relate to each audit, and the effectiveness of general computer controls in effect in the IT environment.
- Preparing audit reports with recommendations to address arising audit concerns.
- Monitoring the implementation of agreed actions and ensuring actions are implemented correctly on a timely basis
- Reviewing operations against business and strategic plans to determine consistency.
- Undertaking audit assignments to confirm the adequacy and effectiveness of governance, risk management and internal controls systems
- Undertaking special audit investigations as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Business.
- Must be a CPA (K). CIA certification will be an added advantage.
- Must possess CISA or CISSP.
- 6 years internal or external audit experience with at least 2 years in IT audit.
- Demonstrable knowledge of IFRS, auditing standards and COBIT control framework is preferred.
- Competency in use of CAATs will be added advantage.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Great analytical & planning skills with ability to pay attention to details
- Good coaching and people leadership skills
- High integrity.
- Effective oral and written communications skills
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to be received not later than 09th August 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Successful candidates will be expected to report to work within two weeks.
Human Resources Director
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
NOTE: Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Current Coloured Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Police Clearance Certificate
- Academic and Professional certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers (where applicable)
THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).