Job Vacancy: Production Officer Casual
Who we are: Soko’s mission is to transform ethical fashion from a niche player in the global fashion industry to a meaningful and competitive sourcing and purchasing option for global brands and individual consumers alike.
Soko’s unique model is doing just this by pioneering what we like to call Ethical Fast Fashion – providing close to the real-time trend responsive product that is both prices sensitive and socially and ethically handcrafted by marginalized creatives living and working in the developing world.
Our modern, fashion-forward products, handmade from ethically sourced and upcycled materials, have become a favorite of more than 300 international retailers ranging from Nordstrom, The Reformation, Amazon, QVC and Anthropologie, and endorsed for social impact by the United Nations, USAID, and the World Bank.
Our supply chain innovations have enabled us to match marginalized developing world artisan production with real-time global demand for Soko’s designs
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project management, monitoring evaluation and reporting
- Engaging with individuals and community groups.
- Identifying local interests and needs and ways to meet them.
- Helping potential artisans to overcome existing barriers to learning.
- Encouraging and influencing the development of new learning opportunities through formal and informal community meetings as well as individual mentoring by mentors.
- Community capacity building through training and communication with artisans through bulk SMS and other communication means.
- Identifying the training needs of the artisans and providing for them
- Recruitment and sustenance of artisans
- Develop relationships with artisans and understand their context.
- Develop relationships with other relevant local organizations that might be able to provide support and information in regard to any area of interest.
- Contribute to content creation efforts (website features, blog posts, photos of events
- Enforce Soko standards which include Ethical production, Agility and Quality production
- Enforce on Safety among artisan workshops and Soko as a whole
- Enforce on Data integrity and working within the system at all times
- Ensure a clean and tidy warehouse at all times
- Perform any other duties assigned by Inventory Manager.
- Diploma or Certificate in Sales and Marketing or community development.
- Computer literacy.
- At least one year experience in marketing
- Excellent planning and organizational skill
- A good team player with excellent communication skills
- Ability to organize, multitask and prioritize daily work as assigned by the manager, including tracking and maintaining
How to Apply
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 31st July 2019.
Please include a cover letter in the body of the email and also include your current and expected remuneration in your application.
Please note applications will be screened as they come in.