Kenya Power Pension Fund (KPPF) is a Retirement Benefits Scheme registered with Retirement Benefits Authority, responsible for providing pension benefits to permanent and pensionable employees of Kenya Power, KETRACO and Nuclear Power & Energy Agency upon their retirement or withdrawal and to their dependents in the event of death in service.
It is in this pursuit that KPPF is seeking to recruit top talent to join the innovative and transformative team to deliver on key milestones of the Fund.
The individuals who will fill the senior positions should be result oriented, self-driven, creative, visionary and of high integrity.
Applications are therefore invited from qualified persons to fill the vacancy indicated below:
Reports to CEO & Trust Secretary
Purpose of the job: The Strategy Officer will be responsible for providing guidance in the formulation and implementation of corporate strategic initiatives, monitor the set plans; drive innovation, implement and manage the operational business process management framework, ensure service and quality assurance with a view to enhancing customer experience and oversee the Quality Management System.
- Participate in the development, implementation and execution of corporate strategy by guiding the planning and review process and overseeing strategic initiatives and projects.
- Lead periodic reviews of strategy in line with external and internal, political, economic, social, environmental change drivers and advise on the strategic implications of these factors.
- Advise management to enable a shared understanding of best practice strategic planning and to ensure that planning outcomes are highly effective and well aligned.
- Direct the alignment of corporate reporting systems and the identification of key performance indicators and high level targets.
- Facilitate the strategic review and planning processes, to enable the development of aligned and integrated divisional/business plans.
- Enforce compliance with strategic planning reporting requirements by linking to independent performance management and departmental processes.
- Lead process improvement initiatives through mapping of member journey, coordinate and streamline business processes; identify risks and issues and prioritize processes to be improved.
- Conduct “voice of the customer” survey to establish priorities.
- Implement process solutions to improve operational efficiency and recommend innovative solutions.
- Develop metrics to ensure processes improvement implementations are successfully measured.
- Develop challenging quality metrics; monitor performance and develop procedures to examine and report quality issues.
- Ensure systems in use to serve members are “customer centric” and enable provision of a superior customer service
- Administer and implement quality management system (QMS) to ensure efficiency, compliance and continual improvement and automation using Q-Pulse system.
- Prepare QMS reports for management review meetings, external reporting for surveillance/certification audits and liaising with certification bodies.
- Oversee risk management review, customer feedback management, organizational awareness and training on QMS/ISO.
The job holder should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business related field from a recognized university.
- Relevant professional qualification(s)
- Advanced Training in Quality Management System
- Five (5) years’ working experience in business management, business analytics or pension fund management & administration.
- Knowledge and experience in ISO 9001 or a Certified QMS Lead Auditor will be an added advantage.
In addition, candidates should demonstrate the following personal traits and competencies:
- Demonstrated business acumen – able to create Fund strategy and actions that impact business success.
- Understanding of quality assurance gained through experience of working in a customer focused, results driven team.
- Good understanding and experience in application of commercial and financial principles.
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, including ability to build collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity/inclusion.
- Creativity and innovation skills.
- Quality focus and attention to detail.
- Action oriented and demonstrated ability to manage priorities.
- Professionalism and integrity.
- Good oral and written communication skills; customer relationship management skills.
- Risk awareness and focus – demonstrate understanding of risk management practices, standards and regulatory requirements.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted through e mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than Tuesday 13th August 2019.
In addition, please attach your Curriculum Vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to the roles.
Also attach copies of certificates and other relevant testimonials and clearly indicate current and expected gross pay.
Include your telephone numbers, e mail address, names and addresses of three (3) professional referees.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo corruption and security background vetting in accordance with KRA and Government procedures.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates are advised to visit our website for more detailed job descriptions for the roles at www.kplcpensionfund.co.ke.