International Justice Mission (IJM) is the global leader in protecting the poor from violence in the developing world.
Our global team of over 1,000 professionals are at work in over 25 countries.
Together, we are catalyzing a global revolution that will rescue millions, protect half a billion, and make justice for the poor unstoppable.
Motivated by God’s call to seek justice for the oppressed, we believe that the way we work is as important as the results we achieve.
We value joy and celebration, and we strive to provide professional excellence to all those we serve.
IJM invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions below:
Survivor Services Specialist
IJM is seeking a passionate individual who will ensure that IJM survivors receive appropriate and quality care in accordance with IJM minimum standards of care.
He/she will engage partners to ensure survivors are empowered to follow up on their cases to completion through a network of care, increased social demand and a trauma informed criminal justice system.
Some of the key responsibilities and outcomes include:
1. Provide quality and timely delivery of services to IJM survivors of police abuse of power while observing minimum standards of care and ensure that clients are moving towards restoration.
2. Participate in the development of networks of care with other stakeholders that broaden resource base for survivors and empower them towards restoration;
3. Participate in planning and delivery of trauma informed care and related trainings for partners and stakeholders to ensure survivor sensitivity within the criminal justice system.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Social Work / Counseling Psychology or equivalent. Master’s degree in Social Work or related field is an added advantage;
- At least two years professional experience providing counseling or psychotherapy to victims of trauma and/or practicing as a social worker in a reputable organization;
- Proven experience in successful networking with service providers;
- Fluent in written and oral communication in English and Kiswahili with excellent report writing skills;
- Very well versed with trauma focused models, principles and processes
- Able to work effectively in a multi-disciplindry environment
- Result-oriented and self-motivated
- Strong service ethic and a passion for Survivors
- Partner engagement and management skills,
- Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed
- Committed team player, able to develop effective working relationships in multi-disciplinary, cross-cultural teams
- Willingness to work under potentially hazardous conditions
- Exceptionally high levels of honesty and integrity
IJM offers a Competitive salary and benefits package.
The positions are permanent and based in Nairobi.
Occasional travel (both national and international) will be required.
Please send your Resume, Cover Letter & statement of faith in one document and a valid Certificate of good conduct to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Position Title in the subject heading before July 19, 2019.
What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.