Kenya Orient Insurance Limited
Job Title: Underwriting Associate
3 Positions – Embu, Rongai & Westlands Service Stations
Division / Department: Underwriting & Business Development
Immediate Supervisor: Branch Operations Manager
Overall Responsibility: The position is responsible for assessing risks in accordance with laid down underwriting procedures in the company and ensuring effective and efficient service delivery to customers. Underwriter associates evaluate applicants for insurance. They determine whether or not a prospective customer should be insured and, if so, recommend an appropriate premium to take on that level of risk. Insurance underwriters analyze the risk profile of clients and to calculate costs.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Process the prelist and renewal notices and save in the shared folder. Dispatch the renewal notices to the clients/intermediaries 6 weeks prior to renewal of the policies.
- Daily claims Notification.
- Validation and documentation of claims.
- Ensure timely preparation and dispatch of policy documents.
- 100% compliance to the Underwriting guidelines
- 100% implementation of recommendations that satisfactorily addresses the issues identified during audit & risk reviews.
- Ensure compliance to the company credit policy.
- Ensure daily prompt banking of money received.
- Ensure safe custody of certificates and all other security documents. Full compliance to the certificate management policies.
- Prompt feedback to clients and intermediaries on their claim status.
Key Performance Indicators
- Achieve a loss ratio of 54%
- DSO of 45 days
- Retention by policy count of 60%
- 90% compliance toTATs
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University.
- Pass in at least three papers in ACII or equivalent.
- At least 4 years relevant experience
Competencies & Skills
- Achievement – able to meet set targets in compliance with quality, time and delivering the required business results.
- Customer Service Orientation – The willingness and ability to give priority to customers, delivering high quality services that meet their needs
- Interpersonal Skills – Must be sociable and engaging. Be able to quickly develop a rapport with customers.
- Knowledgeable – Job requires technical understanding of insurance products and services offered by the company.
- Must be well groomed and possess excellent office etiquette.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly CLICK HERE to apply online on or before Sunday, July 14th , 2019.