Internship Opening for Web Designer and Developer at Urban Kreative
Urban Kreative is digital marketing agency producing compelling web experiences, deep search / social engagement and integrated branding.
We’re a friendly, tight-knit, hard-working team of passionate professionals, providing leading edge digital marketing services since 2011.
As a leading Web Design and Development Agency, we separate ourselves from big guys by taking a very personal approach with our clients and our team members.
When it comes to success, we’re in this together!
Urban Kreative is looking for an intern website Designer / Developer for a full-time, Nairobi-based position to work with management and team members on research, strategy, design, and development of web marketing programs.
These programs would revolve around website CMS design / development duties, plus related search and social program collaboration, with a strong focus on responsive, mobile-optimized website theme design and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deep collaboration on Website design/development projects with management, team members, clients, and vendors.
- Conducts Website design / development research and performs discovery analyses for new client projects, including content reviews and wireframing.
- Creates Website design / development strategies based on research.
- Designs responsive, mobile-first Website concepts based on strategy.
- Implements Website websites from design concepts.
- Performs maintenance and support for Website websites.
- Implements and assess SEO best practices.
- Communicate with clients and project managers in regards to bugs and updates.
- Stay up-to-date with new web technologies.
- 1+ years’ experience designing and developing websites and other PHP based CMS frameworks.
- Experience with responsive design/dev practices for mobile and desktop.
- Solid understanding of PHP is preferred.
- Experience with gathering data via APIs, knowledge of JSON, XML, MySQL preferred.
- Experience with web analytics reporting tools (Google Analytics, Moz, GWT, etc).
- Advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS, PHP, and MySQL.
- Experience with Dreamweaver and Photoshop required.
To perform this job successfully, a candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The technical requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education & Experience
- 1+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general business information, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Highly self-motivated and capable of project ownership.
- Detail-orientated, organized, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess an understanding of design principles.
- Experience with website design and web development via Website.
- Interest in an intern experience in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Coursework, or degree, in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or equivalent is a plus, but not necessary.
- MUST own a laptop.
- MUST have access to internet.
At Urban Kreative, we believe that diversity fuels innovation.
Urban Kreative is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, non-job related physical or mental disability.
We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Kindly send in your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before 8th of July 2019.