Job Vacancy: Women in Rwandan Energy (WIRE) Program Assistant
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice.
The organization provides research, development, and technical services to government and commercial clients in more than 75 countries.
The East Africa Energy Program (EAEP) is a four-year project to increase on-grid electricity access, accelerate private sector investment, and improve the enabling environment of the power sector in East Africa.
RTI International leads implementation of the program, which is funded by Power Africa, a U.S. Government-led partnership coordinated by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
RTI International seeks to recruit a Women in Rwandan Energy (WIRE) Program Assistant to be based in Rwanda under the East Africa Energy Program.
Job Summary: The goal of WIRE Program Assistant is to promote an integrated approach to enhance women and girls’ participation and social inclusion across the energy sector in Rwanda.
In close collaboration with the WIRE Coordinator S/He will engage in developing gender equitable HR practices, creating career advancement opportunities for women currently in the workplace and expanding the pool of women workers in the energy sector through the establishment of strategic partnerships.
The WIRE Assistant will work under supervision of the WIRE Coordinator and will also provide administrative support to the EAEP Technical Team (the Rwanda Technical Lead and an Energy Specialist).
- Support the WIRE Coordinator in implementing a rotating apprenticeship program for female university students
- Support the WIRE Coordinator and the Gender Expert to collect information on gender participation in the energy sector and maintain a database of women professionals in the sector
- Support the WIRE Coordinator implement a technical training program for promising women with the Rwanda Energy Group (REG)
- Assist in organizing and conducting high-level meetings and events with partners from across the sector, developing agendas and taking meeting notes
- In collaboration with the WIRE Coordinator, organize regular WIRE networking events, workshops, and mentoring programs
- Assist the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager, WIRE Coordinator and the Gender Expert in tracking WIRE indicators
- Help compile regular reports on WIRE activities to share with the EAEP management and USAID/Rwanda mission
- Regularly support the WIRE Coordinator to develop and share updates and communication through various channels, including social media platforms.
- Assist the WIRE Coordinator in developing success stories and lessons learned and share these with partners.
- Properly record and store information on WIRE at all times
- Other relevant duties as might be assigned
Required minimum qualification and experience
- Experience in Gender Mainstreaming.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to energy, international development, capacity building / education, governance and/or gender.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience with a focus on public and private sector engagement, capacity building and/or gender, strategic collaborations.
- Strong knowledge of the Rwandan power sector is preferred. Knowledge of DRC and/or Burundi is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- English language proficiency
- Excellent leadership, coordination, and organizational awareness skills
- Good listening / communication and client skills
- Superior computer skills, writing ability in English, and presentation skills
- Strong oral / written communication skills and ability to communicate at multiple levels in an organization: and ability to coordinate activities with officials from host country government, US Government, NGO’s, and other agencies
- Ability to build effective relationships with all clients, peers, and stakeholders
- Ability to work hands-on, independently, and within a team.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Job Title as the subject line of the email by 14th August by 5.00 p.m.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
RTI International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
*No applicant will ever be asked for any payment either to secure a role with RTI International or as a follow-up to having been awarded a position with RTI International. If anyone ever approaches you asking for any such payment, please immediately email email@example.com