Job Vacancy: Junior Consultant
Atkins Acuity (the advisory business of Atkins) is currently looking for candidates to further develop its Infrastructure Advisory business to support future growth and the delivery of projects across Africa.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has worked in an infrastructure advisory capacity preferably with an international strategic, management or engineering consultancy background.
Candidates should have between 2-4 years’ experience in a relevant field but most of all be flexible to work on multiple engagements, in multiple sectors and in multiple countries.
Experience in East Africa and an understanding of infrastructure development and international donor/investor networks in Africa would be preferable.
In addition to delivering projects, the consultant will be responsible for growing the pipeline of projects in collaboration with various business within the Atkins Group.
The consultant will also drive the business development agenda through partnerships; preparing proposals in response to RFPs; leveraging existing relationships and client networks to drive new business; and manage partnerships with existing clients.
The role is based in Nairobi, Kenya but may require occasional international travel.
The candidate will be exposed to a number of industry sectors e.g. Transportation, energy, water, cities & urban infrastructure, property development and affordable housing and work alongside experienced consultants and technical specialists from our regional business and parent group.
As a Junior Consultant your responsibilities will include:
- Undertake project work and support the delivery of high-quality deliverables for our clients
- Support activities to cultivate project opportunities and develop the project pipeline
- Maintain and develop industry contacts to raise business profile and manage client base
- Support bid preparation teams to prepare winning proposals including the preparation of bids, pricing and content development
- Support cross selling opportunities for other business units within the Atkins Group
Basic & Technical Competencies
- Shall be degree qualified
- 2-4 years of relevant experience preferably with an international strategic, management or engineering consultancy or in a relevant position with transferable skills
- Strong consulting skills including research and analysis, structured thinking, organizational, multi-tasking, report writing, presentation, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in winning, managing and contributing to consultancy projects and a proven track record of project success – which may include work overseas
- Basic client engagement and management skills
- Self-motivated and determined to pursue continuous personal and business improvement
- Demonstrate drive, collaboration, integrity, enthusiasm and commitment to projects while projecting a professional image
- Desire to develop the required blend of technical, commercial, economic, financial, and project management skills to support the bidding and delivery of projects
- Able to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a proactive manner with a positive attitude
- Function confidently and competently within client environment and have a positive impact on clients’ perception of Acuity
- Show flexibility in tasks and location, and deal well with ambiguity
- Understand when to ask for support and using the correct channels
Company Summary: Acuity is the advisory business within the Atkins Group. We help clients with infrastructure and energy ambitions to deliver them successfully. Combining deep business acumen with the engineering expertise of Atkins, we offer seamless, end-to-end advisory services that build greater value, and ever rewarding partnerships. Acuity’s advisory services help clients achieve genuine benefits from their investment and change programmes.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in various sectors, the Atkins Group is ideally placed to drive innovation
and change in our markets. We provide a full range of advisory, consultancy, design, engineering and project management services in the built environment and have a broad establishment and proud,
50-year history throughout the Middle East and Africa region.
Our Nairobi office employs 100+ full-time staff, comprising a diverse and multi-disciplinary group of consultants and engineers.
Training: Atkins Acuity develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage membership of professional institutions, participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our professional staff.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- 26 Working days annual leave (based on a 5-day working week)
- Life insurance cover
- Medical insurance cover
- Attractive company pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Program – 24-hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
How to Apply
Put The job Title on Subject line
Email your Latest CV to HR.Africa@atkinsglobal.com
Deadline: 15th August 2019