Our client a well-established bakery with the specialty in the baking and making of fine baked products like bread, buns, cookies, and cakes is seeking to hire a production manager to join their team.
The Production Manager is responsible for production, monitoring procedures and standards to achieve consistent high quality products produced in an efficient manner.
He/she provides leadership for, and develops the abilities of, production leaders in the department.
He/she is responsible for ensuring the best quality products, excellent customer service by maintaining regular quality audits, good manufacturing practices, compliance with local regulations (OSHA, Department of Health, etc.) and HACCP.
- Planning and organizing production schedules.
- Assessing production and resource requirements.
- Estimating, negotiating and agreeing budgets and timescales with sales and finance managers.
- Determining quality control standards.
- Overseeing production processes.
- Re-negotiating timescales or schedules as necessary.
- Upholding Good Manufacturing Practices by overseeing the implementation / observation of laid down prerequisite programmes / procedures, monitoring and auditing.(Including workplace organization)
- Collating and analyzing performance data and charts against defined parameters for continual improvement
- Promoting Safety & Health of all workers and equipment in the Plant
- Doing production reconciliation; SAP, Sage and Excel at the same time keeping production cost low by ensuring that production consumables & tools consumption are optimally utilized and driving root cause analysis initiatives on all non-conformities.
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong background and work experience in Bakery Production for 10 years.
- Bachelor Degree in Food Production or Relevant Courses.
- Good working knowledge of bakery production equipment such as mixers, dividers, rounders’, proofers, etc
- Working knowledge of process controls and industry standards
- A good understanding of working within a budget and meeting those goals.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Budget development and oversight experience
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Knowledge of tax and other compliance
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
If qualified please send your CV to email@example.com with the title “production manager” by 21st August 2019.