Our client a well-established bakery with the specialty in the baking and making of fine baked products like bread, buns, cookies, and cakes is seeking to hire a supervisor to join their team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure smooth day to day operations.
- Responsible for providing outstanding customer service that meets or exceeds expectations
- Supervise the work of others in the department, ensuring production and service standards are being met at all time.
- Monitor product quality and freshness and ensure proper rotation of product
- Follow department procedures for preparing, storing, rotating, and stocking of product
- Keeps display equipment, floors and counters clean and free of debris.
- Maintain and monitor the use of temperature, production, spoilage, and department transfer logs
- Liaison with the staff, ensure that the highest hygiene standards are maintained in the work area.
- Train new staffs as well as existing staff member in the preparation and baking the various products
- To ensure minimal wastage in production and that all costs are strictly controlled (less than 1% of revenue of raw material loss).
- Ensure that the dispatch process which includes assembling and documentation is done error free and on time.
- Practice teamwork and work closely with other supporting departments’ e.g. Sales, stores, finance towards achievement of company goals.
- Adheres to all company and department procedures, policies, expectations and quality standards.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Professional Qualification in food production
- 5 years’ experience as a Bakery Supervisor will be an added advantage
- High levels of integrity
- High energy, enthusiastic, and displays an affinity for products, core values, and company philosophy
- Ability to follow directions and established procedures
- Ability to direct the work of others
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness
- Strong knowledge of general bakery practices and procedures a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email, Microsoft Office, and operations related applications
If qualified please send your CV to email@example.com with the title ‘supervisor-bakery’ by 21st August 2019.