Job Title: Branding and PR Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Company Summary: BitPesa is a digital foreign exchange and treasury solution that leverages cutting edge technology to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to
and from frontier markets.
With our API and white label products, our partners utilize our hybrid financial infrastructure and deep local knowledge to manage liquidity and send payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, and the DRC.
Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, BitPesa is a market-maker in every major African currency and opens corridors for business payments and trade between frontier markets and the rest of the world. Launched in Nairobi, BitPesa now has offices in Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, and Dakar.
Our company values are Accountability, Customer-Centricity, Resiliency, Creativity, Teamwork.
Job Summary: As the Branding and PR manager, you will manage BitPesa’s press image through direct and indirect relationships with media and ensure the consistency of BitPesa’s brand image. In this role, you will support the external-facing teams by positioning and communicating our brand.
You’ll help accelerate the company’s growth by creating thought leadership through our brand positioning. Over the next two years, our goal is establish a strong brand presence that compels trust and conversion in competitive markets.
You’ll have the advantage of working closely with various stakeholders at the company including sales, executives, and human resources. You’ll solve a variety of challenging, real-world business challenges with press and branding, which will increase international brand image, improve fundraising and partnership prospects, and encourage profitable growth.
- Ensure our mother brand and other product brands are aligned internally and externally with clarity among brand hierarchy
- Ensure our brands are represented authentically and clearly in all manifestations of the brand maintaining brand consistency, including on webpages and with partners
- Champion the brand internally making not only sure all elements of the company understand the brand and its goals, but also they are communicating it through correctly through their personal brands and use of collateral
- Promote the brand in ways that attract our target audience to BitPesa. This may include digital engagement through SEO or ads, more effective customer journeys, PR work, etc.
- Represent BitPesa and our products in press interviews and other platforms
- Research conferences and other speaking opportunities for senior leadership and sales
- Constantly seek and implement other activities than raise our brand awareness and profit on an international scale
- Govern the brand image
- Create a process to continuously innovate and strengthen the brand, keeping it “fresh”
- Curating speaking points for press and events for executives and other representatives
- Quarterly updates of all assets including sales presentations, letterheads, etc
- Working with external PR agency to align international press needs and hitting KPI’s about types of publication and coverage
- Actively reach out to and create relationships with Pan-African and regional media, managing coverage in Africa
- Support regulatory, executives, and sales team in event collateral
- Draft press releases and brand related launch strategy for company announcements, such as funding, new products, and hiring
- Work with administration team to manage communications calendar and external speaking engagements for exec team (identify events to target and/or avoid as well as key messages to communicate)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant role, doing branding work in a B2B enterprise or an FMCG
- Experience managing relationships with numerous and complex relationships with press
- Proven track record in creating and managing brand guidelines, PR, advertising and all digital channels to attract and retain customers
- You have an eye for design and visual identity
- Have manage external agencies and setting expectations with them
- Ability to translate business needs into impactful communications with press
- Exceptional communicator (written and oral) with strong interpersonal skills, public speaking experiences preferred
- Advanced MS Office (specifically Excel) and CRM skills along with the willingness and ability to become familiar with company-specific tools/software
- Great organizational skills ensuring nothing falls through the cracks
- You’re perseverant and willing to roll up your sleeves to do whatever needs to be done
- Ability to wear many hats and the poise to navigate the fast-paced ambiguity of our growing company
- Passionate about our mission to develop innovative digital payment and treasury management solutions to help businesses scale in frontier markets
Why work for us?
- Competitive salary
- Casual work environment
- Great work-life balance
- We value autonomy
- Environmental-friendly (we try to use as less paper as possible!)
- Opportunity for growth for all our employees
- …and more!
If you are interested in the above role, click HERE to apply online.