Our client, a Guest House based in Nairobi, offering accommodation, conferencing and restaurant services in a Christian environment is looking to fill the position of Chief / Head Cook to be in charge of all kitchen activities and staff.
Job Brief: We are looking for a hospitality professional, innovative, organized team leader and player who is passionate about working in the hospitality industry in a Christian environment.
The key objectives of this position will be to manage costs while increasing revenue, increase the quality menu items, portion control, manage waste and pilferage.
- Menu planning and overseeing execution.
- Developing new recipes
- Project orders and requisition as per the menus.
- Ensure the kitchen operates in a timely way meeting quality standards
- Prepare the budget for the kitchen
- Inventory Management
- Ensure purchase of quality food items and that quality food is prepared
- Ensure proper maintenance of cleanliness and hygiene standards as per required standards.
- Comply with and enforce health & safety regulations & standards.
- Allocate duties and working schedules to kitchen staff.
- Conduct regular in-house training for kitchen staff.
- Coach, mentor and perform regular appraisals for the kitchen staff.
- Seek feedback on catering issues and take appropriate action on issues raised and provide periodic update to the manager.
- Keep track of new trends in the industry and advise accordingly.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Minimum Diploma from accredited college/institution (Utalii College graduates encouraged to apply)
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Familiar with the industry’s best practice
Salary budget Ksh 50,000 to Ksh 60,000 gross
Apply by 21st August 2019 5pm by emailing your CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Head Cook
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.