P.C.E.A. Kikuyu Hospital, one of the leading Mission Hospitals in the region, works to promote the well-being of all people through provision of holistic, quality, diverse and sustainable health care services while witnessing the Love of Jesus Christ.
We provide the following health services: General Medicine, Ophthalmic, Orthopaedic, Dental, and Renal.
The Hospital is soliciting for qualified applicants for the position of Chief Medical Officer.
Job Summary: The job holder is part of the Management Team of the hospital. As Head of the Medical department, the jobholder is responsible for overseeing the clinical services within the hospital. He/she will ensure provision of efficient services, which meet the needs of the community.
He/she is also responsible for organizing, planning and controlling the use of resources appropriately and participates in hospital development planning by providing the medical component input to the institution’s strategic plan. The jobholder has responsibility for controlling medical supplies and supervision of staff in the medical department, including their training, development, and mentoring.
Position requirements: –
- Master’s degree in Medicine with Specialist Recognition Certificate from the MPDB.
- At least 6 years post registration experience in the area of medical specialty, three of which should be in a Senior Management position of a busy hospital.
- Clinical risk management experience
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of quality medical services: The job holder ensures that the medical services provided to both the inpatient and outpatient is professionally outstanding and complies with the set medical standards and policies of the hospital.
- Management and Administration: Ensures that the department’s operations are efficient and cost effective.
- Promoting quality of healthcare: Spearheads the provision of quality healthcare in line with international best practice and approved medical standards. .
- Nursing Services: Ensures that the nursing staff strictly adheres to their code of conduct when undertaking their duties and promotes patient satisfaction and safety by ensuring provision of high standards of health care.
- Strategic planning: Participates in the development of the hospital’s strategic plan by contributing immensely to the medical function of the institution, which is the core business.
- Policies and procedures: Ensures compliance to the international best practices in the medical field as well as to the local medical standards, regulations and policies that are in force from time to time. This includes but not limited to medical professional ethics.
- Leadership: Provides exemplary leadership to the medical team and technically guides them when handling difficult cases.
- Recruitment: Participate in recruitment of medical staff.
- People Management: Creates conducive working environment through consultation with the human resources unit
- Compliance: Ensures at all times the medical professionals working under him comply with related regulations, laws, procedures and policies.
- Supervision: The Chief Medical Officer has the overall supervisory responsibility over all the Medical Units
- Drugs Management and Supplies: Regularly reviews the essential drugs list in consultation with Clinicians and Pharmacists.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, day time telephone contacts and three referees (one of whom should be a spiritual leader) with their contacts. A recommendation letter from one’s Spiritual Leader is a must. Quote the job title on the envelope/email subject line.
Applications should be received not later than 6th September 2019.
Application letters should be addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
P.C.E.A. Kikuyu Hospital
P.O. Box 45 – 00902
For more details visit our website: www.pceakikuyuhospital.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.