Chloride Exide Ltd
Job Vacancy: Business Development Manager, Zambia
Job Purpose: Responsible for the strategic direction of Battery Masters Zambia as well as day to day responsibilities, including sales & marketing, debt management, market share growth, product portfolio growth and brand development, increased revenue & profits and total customer satisfaction throughout Zambia.
1. Develop & implement corporate goals
2. Develop high brand visibility in the Zambia Market
3. Set and achieve sales targets
The key objectives:
1. Corporate goals
- Draw annual sales & marketing budgets for Zambia operations
- Formulate & implement annual marketing & sales strategies
- Understand Zambia market needs, behavior attitudes, consumer needs and advising the management on the same
- Implement a strategic plan for Zambia as required
- Management of our Zambia operation in line with growth and costs budgets
2. Sales & Marketing
- Set & achieve annual sales targets for all our product types in Zambia
- Monitor and analyze sales & market trends to develop and implement effective strategic sales plans and actions for both short and long term
- Increase solar dealer network within Zambia to grow the solar business
- Develop opportunities within the tourist and ranching sector for large system installations and programs
- Implement agreed sales and marketing strategies
- Coordinate & manage key elements of marketing initiatives in support of brand strategy
- Grow brand positioning in Zambia market, advising management on activities on the ground Ensure brand profitability through correct pricing, policies & product costing
- Track lost business, and start afresh, within timely service recovery
3. Relationship Building
- Be up to date with the personal & business information of our Key dealers/customers
- Arranging formal & informal entertainments/services: dinners, lunches, special deliveries
- Representing the company in any business functions in relation to our product lines.
- Stock Management of all products
- Effectively manage staff and resources through monitoring of sales performance and rewarding results
- Support, motivate and cultivate a culture of teamwork in Zambia
- Management of the Zambia operation in a cost-effective manner, ensuring proper care & usage of all fixed and movable company assets
5. Strategic Reporting
- Provide a monthly report showing key highlights of the company’s performance
- Provide detailed reports on competitors’ activities, pricing and products
- Advice management on strategic issues relating to product lines, new proposals and problem areas.
- Advise management from time to time on the Zambia economy and direction
- University graduate, preferably in B. Com/business administration with related professional qualifications in sales and marketing.
- 8 years sales and marketing experience, three (3) of which should be in a management level.
- Proven track record in sales & marketing. Able to deliver beyond set targets
- Thorough knowledge of SWH and PBS products/systems and installation, and all our product range.
- Basic knowledge in troubleshooting of SWH & PB system installations
- High levels of Integrity
- Proactive, self-driven, and results oriented individual
- Easily adaptable to different cultures
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Self-motivated and loyal.
Interested candidates are requested to send in an expression of interest by sending in their applications to email@example.com on or before the 23rd August 2019.