Job Vacancy: Conference Sales Officer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving, handling and converting Meetings, Events and Group enquiries.
- Planning events in conjunction with the client.
- Presenting and selling available and suitable banquet / event options to the highest possible standard.
- Contact Meeting Planner by mail, telephone, customer outings and site inspections.
- Arrange and carry out Conference show rounds.
- Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events.
- Negotiate space, dates and rates to obtain booking goal while focusing on shoulder and off season business.
- Identify need periods and undertake comprehensive program of sales activity to secure new and adhoc business minimizing the impact of low activity periods.
- Assist in development and solicitation of Banquet and event package plans and aimed at conference business and encourage repeat business.
- Actively manage business bookings, record denials, make network referrals.
- Encouraging repeat business through excellent customer service and inquiry handling.
- Build strong relationships with customers to fully understand their needs.
- Ensure online meeting partner websites are regularly updated and managed including photos, descriptions, and promotions.
- Bring in direct guests though online marketing and advertising.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of sales, department and budgetary reports as and when required.
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Sales and Marketing.
- Proficient in using MS office software applications including MS office, Excel, Power point etc.
- 2 years’ experience in hotel sales or Banquet sales or event sales with proven track record.
If qualified kindly send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Conferencing Sales Officer” on the subject line by 28th August 2019.