Indepth Research Institute
Position: Copywriting and Digital Marketing Specialist
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
We are Africa’s leading capacity building and consultancy firm offering technical consultancy and training services designed for individuals and organizations in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water and sanitation sectors.
We seek to recruit a young, aggressive, confident, fluent, mature and creative Copywriting and Digital Marketing Specialist to channel all communications, both internally and externally on full time basis.
Our ideal candidate should:
- Familiarizing themselves with the products, target audience and competitor activities in the market.
- Generating, editing, publishing and sharing content (original text, images, and video or blog posts) daily and encourage community members to take action and manage e-communication on social media platforms.
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to business leaders
- Writing various copy options and modifying copy until the objective of a campaign is achieved
- Write high-engagement social media content that reflects our brand’s
- Produce error-free content that adheres to the company’s style guidelines
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- Working with creative teams to ensure that the visual elements of the webpage complement the words;
- Identifying fresh and interesting angles for your articles;
- Writing for web pages and blogs, social media, e-books, slogans, and video script;
- Editing your own and others’ writing;
- Working with your team to review the impact your work has had;
- Assist in designing digital media campaigns aligned with business goals.
- Liaise with Marketing, Sales and Product development teams to ensure brand consistency.
- Stay up-to-date with digital media developments (automating tools, Keyword Research and Trafficking marketing).
- Respond to and positively engage those who may contact the company via digital channels.
- Be skilled in writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite
- Degree in Journalism, Communications, Design and Public Relations or any other related course.
- At least 1 year Experience in Copywriting and Digital marketing in the areas of mass emails, social media, SEO/SEM, blogging in any fast-paced company.
- Solid understanding of SEO concepts
- Previous blogging and writing experience a plus
- Should be self-motivated and able to work without supervision.
- Must be result oriented and someone who is able to work under pressure.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking, up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end
How to Apply:
If you meet the above criteria, please send your application letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject title ‘Copywriting and Digital Marketing Specialist’.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.