The Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) – General Secretariat is the National administrative, facilitative and coordinative arm through which the KCCB implements and coordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.
Under its Statutes, the KCCB has established the Council for Economic Affairs to help in the administration of the Conference. The Council has mandate over all the temporal goods of the Conference, including the governance and control of all the Institutions owned by the Conference.
It provides oversight over new initiatives of the Conference such as development projects, contracts and other investments. It is also responsible for all strategic and general management policies of the Institutions of the Conference
The Council is seeking an outstanding, dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the following key position.
Council of Economic Affairs – Administrator
Purpose of the Post
- Coordinate and provide oversight over the development initiatives of KCCB in line with its Mission, Vision, Policies and Procedures,
- He will act as the technical resource of the Council for Economic Affairs,
- He will oversee the operations and management of all properties and Institutions of the Conference and report on them periodically as deemed fit or laid down by the statutes of the Council,
- Guiding the development of policies on Finance, Properties ,and Investment,
- Prepare status reports of all the institutions overseen by the Conference,
- Give professional advice in business and management of property,
- Gather timely and authoritative information concerning economic developments and economic trends, both current and prospective, to analyse and interpret such information,
- Appraise the various development projects of KCCB for the purpose of determining the extent to which such programs and activities are contributing, and the extent to which they are not contributing, to the achievement of KCCB goals.
- Resource Mobilisation
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Commerce, Accounting or a related field
- Member of a professional body and in good standing
- A sound knowledge and experience in the Kenyan real estate market is essential,
- A minimum ofSix (6) years’ experience in a senior managerial, financial, orsimilar position,
- Superior knowledge of best practices in international donor relations and fundraising
- Experience in resource mobilization/fundraising and proposal development for a development organization; previous experience will demonstrate a proven record of accomplishment in securing new funding
- Experience with bilateral, multilateral funding agencies, and familiarity with private foundations that fund non-profit organizations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative, integrity, honesty, dynamic, strategic thinking and collaborative approach to governance.
- Able to work under minimum supervision
- A good knowledge of social teachings of the Church, and ethical principles
- Good recommendation from own Religious Leader
- Clergy and Religious are encouraged to apply through their Ordinary/Superior
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to: –
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
P.O Box 13475-00800
To reach him on or before 29th August 2019:
NO Hard copies will be accepted
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted