Our Client, a leading Tours & Travel Company seeks to recruit a Credit Control Executive.
The Credit Controller will handle the collection of finances and the resolution of account queries.
He/she will also be required to produce and send sales invoices and issuing credit notes.
The Credit Controller is also responsible for the management of debt recovery, which may involve stopping the delivery of services or undertaking legal action in the case of non-payment by the debtor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain strong relationships with all clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment.
- Check customer’s credit ratings with banks before approving the loan
- Set up the terms and conditions of a loan to be in line with the risk, amount and type of loan.
- Manage the timely and effective collection of all debts and payments.
- Negotiate repayment plans when necessary.
- Resolve all issues raised internally and externally around outstanding invoices.
- Post and allocate daily receipts to accounting systems; run reports for senior staff.
- Provide accounts information to internal departments.
- Provide accurate advice on billing queries
- Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries
- Propose write off of irrecoverable receivables
- Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested by management
- Undertake account reconciliations as required
- Ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as required
- Send out monthly client statements/letters as may be agreed from time to time
- Develop the credit management capability within the practice
Requirements and Qualifications
- BS degree in accounting, finance or mathematics.
- 4 years experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels.
- Strong communication skills, orally and verbally.
- Understanding of the legal complexities of loans, payments, interest rates, etc.
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail.
- Competence in Microsoft Office products, and accounting software programs.
- Prior experience with financial systems including invoicing.
- Calm, confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations.
- Ability to hold personal client information in the strictest confidentiality.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Credit Control Executive on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current & Expected salaries.