Job Title: Credit Controller
Financial Dimension of the role
The role is responsible for a credit control across a number of DBS served markets within the Africa market.
The role is a critical NSV influencer driving market daily NSV
It is also key in managing business risk related to stock, debtors and creditors that drive Working Capital
- Cash Cycle deals with some 25.000 customers resulting in some 400.000 orders and collection of around 9 billion GBP an annual base.
- Cash Cycle is also interacting with some 55.000 vendors treating some 550.000 invoices per year.
Africa Region comprises various markets. Current markets supported within Enterprise Operations include: Nigeria, Ghana, Cameroon, Reunion, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Seychelles and Kenya incl. EAML.
Each market has specific nuances including: Market-specific Ways of Working, government regulations, different currencies, infrastructure challenges, local language requirements.
- Sees the bigger picture and understands the detail
- Works logically and pro-actively towards solutions
- Responds positively to direction and shows energy in delivering what is expected within own area of work.
- Is receptive to feedback and is willing to learn from mistakes
- Ability to effectively priorities customer issues and build on customer knowledge when making decisions
- Understands the need to be part of a high performing team and supports the actions of others to deliver this.
- Good knowledge of internal and external business partners
- Takes ownership for delivering on promises and speaks up when operational standards are slipping
Purpose of Role: Provide world class seamless end to end OTC service to both Diageo internal and external teams
- Manage relationship with customers, with the markets and other Diageo Enterprise Operations teams
- Manage credit risk (monitor payment behaviour of customers and propose credit limit changes)
- Manage customer ledger (up-to-date information and overdue items)
- Customer engagements on: dispute management, waivers, banking approvals, follow-ups on remittance advice
- Review and resolve open items and reason codes
- Continuously look for process improvements to drive customer satisfaction and raise service efficiency
- Maintain customer documentation/process documentation
- Actively promote the CARM/Control agenda and adhere to controls/compliance environment and input to audits
Key performance indicators
- 91+ aged debt/7+ aged debt
- Cash collection (meeting target – overdue debt 2%)
- Texting and reason coding
- Customer service
- Releasing credit blocked orders
- Bad debt provision
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- University or College degree and/or 1-2 years relevant experience
- Speaks English fluently
- *French for French speaking markets
- Has some financial knowledge or willingness to learn financial transactions
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Is enthusiastic to solve problems
- Is a good team player and has ability to work independently
- Solid PC literacy, strong Excel skills required (SAP knowledge is an advantage)
- Is self-confident, accurate and pays attention to detail
Barriers to Success in Role (Optional):
- Lack of ability to express self and proficiency in required language
- No team player
- Lack of accuracy and attention to details
- Difficulty in setting priorities and in working independently
Duration: Minimum of one Month
Salary: Ksh. 115,000
How to apply
In case you believe your career objective match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed c.v, stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 5pm on 30th August 2019 email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted