Directline Assurance Company Ltd
We are looking for a motivated and qualified professional to fill the position of Learning & Development Officer.
Overall Purpose of the Job: This role responsible for implementing the HR and Learning & Development functions in the organization.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To create design and deliver the statutory, mandatory, developmental and organizational change training requirements for new and existing staff in both across all areas of the organization.
- Monitor regulatory requirements for staff training and competence and ensure that all requirements and subsequent changes are reflected in all statutory and mandatory training.
- To create design and deliver L&D solutions to support organizational change and development outlined in the overall L&D strategy using a blend of methodologies including computer based, self-managed learning, remote delivery, management cascade, class room and on the job learning as appropriate.
- Ensuring that every L&D intervention has clear business focused aims that enable robust evaluation of the event’s effectiveness, and measurement of return on investment.
- Undertake evaluation of all L&D interventions at between one and three months following the event, and report against agreed KPIs.
- To provide development by coaching and one on one support where the need for this has been established.
- To record, collate and retain management information to demonstrate progress against KPIs and departmental goals and objectives.
- To contribute to L&D communications using a variety of mediums, mail, Intranet, paper etc.
- To keep up to date with current thinking on training practice and methods; e-learning development and ‘rapid’ on-line software technology.
- Answering training related issues and provide high quality customer service across the organisation.
- Managing the company’s employee relations and ensuring adherence to the Employment Act and employee terms and conditions of service.
- Development and implementing sound human capital management policies aligned to the business strategies to support the smooth running of the Company’s operations.
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- University degree preferably in Human Resource Management.
- A Master’s degree in a related discipline will be an added advantage
- Possess professional qualification in Human Resource Management with a minimum of diploma from IHRM/KIM
- Member of IHRM
- MS office skills, proficient in Ms Excel and numerically inclined
- At least 5 years generalist working experience in HR or any specialist HR role eg L & D
- Experience using a HRMIS system
- Conversant with various labour laws and their application.
Skills and Attributes
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Meticulous, detailed, well-organized and able to work independently to meet datelines
- Effective written communication skills including the ability to prepare reports.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, use sound judgment and perform independently
If you qualify for the above advertised role, kindly send us a detailed CV and Application Letter clearly demonstrating your fit as per the roles & responsibilities and the person specifications (academic/professional qualifications, experience, skills & attributes) listed above.
Applications that do not conform to the Application Instructions will not be considered.
Kindly send your application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us on or before 5.00pm Friday, 6th September 2019.