Gold Star Kenya (GSK) was established in 2010 as a local Non-Governmental Organization; GSK was born out of the success of the Gold Star Network, a social franchise program initiative established in 2006 to promote comprehensive quality HIV care amongst a network of private health providers in Kenya.
GSK implements health related projects in Kenya.
We seek qualified candidates for the following position:
Job Title: Driver I
Job Ref: GSK-PD-058
Reporting to: Administrative Officer
Project: Afya Nyota ya Bonde Project – Rift Valley
Location: Samburu (1), Kajiado (1), Laikipia (1) and Baringo (1)
Job Summary: To provide driving and messenger services to the project. Maintain the project vehicles in a clean and serviceable condition, perform minor preventive maintenance and safety checks on a daily basis and inform the supervisor of discrepancies. The incumbent will be based in Rift Valley region.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive project staff and visitors to meetings and appointments with due caution and courtesy as assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintains project vehicle in good condition, including cleaning inside and outside of the vehicle and engine check-up, fluid levels and the tires which are to be conducted on a daily basis.
- Maintains a current driving license for self and advise the Administrative Officer when the project vehicle licenses are due for renewal, appropriate inspections and registrations for vehicles.
- Runs office errands such as message/equipment deliver, visa applications, picking-up and collecting mail from post office and other errands as assigned by the supervisor.
- Ensure that the passengers adhere to the traffic rules and regulations e.g. wearing seat belts.
- Report immediately any traffic accident to the insurance company and to the supervisor.
- Assists with office tasks, such as photocopying, pick up of supplies etc.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Administrative Officer or Program Officer.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of counties and its surrounding areas where project will have presence, streets neighborhoods, airports and government offices.
- Skilled and experienced safe driver with valid driver’s license and no history of responsibility for accidents.
- Ability to lift heavy packages and moves furniture.
- Ability to maintain vehicles in good condition.
- Basic knowledge of First Aid.
- Able to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Able to report to work and maintain time schedule and work extra hours as needed.
- Willingness and interest in supporting program and goals.
- Ability to perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Secondary school ‘O’ level graduate or equivalent years of relevant experience; plus, a minimum of five years working with a public or private organization operating motor vehicles professionally.
- Must have a good working knowledge of English with ability to understand spoken and written English well and Kiswahili.
- Must have a current, valid driving license with an excellent driving record showing no history of responsibility for accidents.
- Must be in possession of a current and valid certificate of good conduct within the year.
- Maintains a good awareness of the existing traffic rules and regulations.
- Good knowledge of the counties and its surrounding areas.
- Experience driving for a diplomatic mission or NGO is an added advantage
- Prefer experience with medium-to-large sized international organization.
- Experience must reflect knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
How to Apply:
Gold Star Kenya has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: email@example.com.
Please specify location and quote the Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application, CV/resume including salary requirements, to be received by 1st September 2019.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.