Our client is a leading company in the travel and tourism industry offering a range of services including air bookings, travel related tours and leisure products.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Finance and Administration Officer
Reporting to the Managing Director, the job holder will be the link between the daily running of the office and the management.
The position will be responsible for providing critical information to the management for decision making and spearheading the administration and financial departments.
- Analysing fortnightly revenues generated from the sales and allocating to the Reservation’s Officer concerned as a means of monitoring individual performance.
- Preparing and analysing cash flow projections so as to anticipate the Company’s income and expenditure fortnightly, i.e. 1⁄2 month estimates.
- Receipting, invoicing and recording sales and overseeing issuing of receipts and invoices.
- Ensuring up-to-date cash book reconciliations by the 7th of the following month.
- Producing sales, debtor and creditor reports regularly and sharing with management for execution.
- Reporting daily (or as required) to the Managing Director the cash positions and ensuring all monies are receipted and banked daily from 3:30pm.
- Analysing cost of banking, i.e. Ledger Fee, Interest Rates and Commissions so as to advise Management on the cost-effectiveness of banking services.
- Spearheading debt collection from all company debtors, maintaining up-to-date debtors reconciliations by 4th of the following month and ensuring debtor statements are read by the 4th of every month.
- Monitoring daily debtors’ collection, ensuring credit does not exceed 30 days and preparing creditors schedule by 20th of every month.
- Generating and submitting weekly sales reports from daily sales.
- Matching sales estimates to actual and explaining variations to Management.
- Generating Accounts reports and submitting to the Management on a quarterly basis or as may be required by the Management.
- Recommending to the Management all office requisitions, purchases and disposals for the effective running of the office.
- Supervising front desk operations including receiving clients/guests, answering calls, responding to and channelling electronic communication.
- Managing use and allocation of office petty cash and ensuring economic use of office supplies particularly printing and mobile.
- Overseeing and submitting staff leave applications to management.
- Supervising Office Messenger duties, particularly efficient coordination of errands delivery of invoices and collection of payments.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any other relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar position.
- Good understanding of basic accounting principles including accrual accounting, reconciliations and general ledger journals.
- Effective communication and writing skills.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees with the subject “FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER” by Wednesday 21st August 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.