Position Title: Fleet Manager (Construction Company)
Reports To: General Manager
Job Purpose: We are looking for highly organized candidates with good quantitative ability for the position of Fleet Manager. Fleet Managers are responsible for assisting in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet, maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection and scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency, among other duties.
Moreover, Fleet Managers will need to discipline drivers who are not making efficient use of their time, and can be able to stop theft, requiring excellent leadership and decision-making skill.
- Must have Computer Knowledge (ERP knowledge will be advantage)
- Purchasing and maintaining vehicles for deliveries.
- Scheduling deliveries.
- Assisting in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet.
- Developing efficient driver schedules to maximize profits.
- Managing drivers so they adhere to strict schedules.
- Registering and licensing all vehicles under their management.
- Finding ways to cut costs and maximize profits.
- Developing strategies for greater fuel efficiency.
- Maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection.
- Scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensuring strict servicing and maintenance times to minimize downtime and maintain schedules.
- Monitoring driver behaviour and ensuring a high level of customer service.
- Analyzing data to increase business operational efficiency.
- Utilizing GPS systems to monitor drivers and track vehicles in case of theft.
- Degree in Logistics or Accounting.
- 5+ years in a logistics role.
- Experience in the transportation industry.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Quantitative ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Experience: A bachelor’s degree plus five years of successful transport management experience—ideally including two to three years as a supervisor.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR ).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted