GA Insurance Limited
Job Title: Manager – ICT Operations and Technical Services
Job Summary: Reporting to the General Manager – ICT, the incumbent shall be responsible for planning, managing, and coordinating the design, installation, and connectivity of the ICT infrastructure and network to ensure stable operation of the organization’s ICT assets.
Additionally, the incumbent will be in charge of the ICT systems security.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including servers, routers, switches, hubs, UPSs.
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports; develop plans for maintaining network infrastructure.
- Test server performance, provide network performance statistics and reports and come up with plan for maintaining server infrastructure.
- Develop and implement technical procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
- Management of IT incidences, support issues and services fulfilment.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software. Responsible for on-site and off-site data centers.
- Actively ensure appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards are in place to protect GA’s information assets from internal and external threats
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Assist in managing and planning various resources, such as human resources, deadline, results, and quality necessary for a specific project, and monitor the project’s progress in order to achieve a specific goal within a set time and budget.
- Ensure effective staff training programs are frequently conducted to increase security awareness.
- Manage and assist in performing security monitoring of information systems including assessing information security risk.
- Perform regular inspections of systems and network processes and ensure security updates are up to date.
- Provide guidance to the ICT team.
Education / Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Information technology (Bsc IT) Computer science or related.
- Oracle and Microsoft SQL databases administration skills. Oracle developer skills are added advantage.
- Microsoft certification (MCSE, MCSA or MCP) or Network Certification (N+)
- Certifications on Office 365, Exchange Server, and Skype for Business is added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in administration and management of core business systems preferably in the insurance industry.
- At least 8 years of experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Active Directory, Group Policies, Exchange online (office 365), Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPsec, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, bridges, switches, hubs, modems, network interface cards, and so on.
- Experience in I.T security solutions, management of UTM device, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Leadership skills.
- Decision Making
- Problem solving
- Results driven
- Customer service
- Creativity and innovation
- Technical credibility
- Self-driven and highly motivated
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
If you meet the above minimum requirements, send your c.v to firstname.lastname@example.org indicate the position applied for on the email subject line so as to be received on or before 16th, August 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.