Job Title: Head of Mechanical Engineering
Location: Athi River
Our client is one of the leading manufacturer of edible oils, detergent and soaps based in Nairobi.
They are seeking to hire a self-driven, passionate and results focused Head of mechanical engineering to be part of our technical team.
This role reports to Chief Engineer and involves managing the mechanical engineering tasks, maintenance planning and execution of works in accordance with engineering needs work plan and budgeting plans.
- Coordinate section activities through the planning with departmental managers to ensure the objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ensure effective cascading of the functional strategy into department business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies.
- Manage the effective achievement of assigned objectives through the leadership of the mechanical department by setting of individual objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating staff to maximize sectional performance.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Provides direction, development and leadership to mechanical engineering supervisor and technicians.
- Has a supervisory role over all manpower under his department.
- Budgeting and Financial Planning
- Manage and ensure effective implementation of mechanical engineering and maintenance functional policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of assigned department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements, fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Compliance to ISO 9001 2015 and HACCP requirements:
- Ensure all activities relating to mechanical engineering are fully captured and transacted on the SAP platform.
- Follow up status of spare parts stock and find new source of spares
- Plan for Preventive maintenance of all machineries to confirm the highest performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 7 to 15 Years in similar position in an industrial set up with at least 3 years in edible oils processing
- Effective technical skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Leadership & Team working skills.
How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Head of Mechanical Engineering) to email@example.com on or before 2nd September 2019
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.