Gold Star Kenya (GSK) was established in 2010 as a local Non-Governmental Organization; GSK was born out of the success of the Gold Star Network, a social franchise program initiative established in 2006 to promote comprehensive quality HIV care amongst a network of private health providers in Kenya.
GSK implements health related projects in Kenya.
We seek qualified candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Health Records Information Officer
Job Ref: GSK-HRIO-057
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Nakuru (3), Kajiado (1) Samburu (1), Laikipia(1), Baringo(1).
Project: Afya Nyota ya Bonde Project – Rift Valley
Job Summary: Working closely with the mentorship team in conjunction with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and MDT Team Leader, the Health Records Information Officer will be responsible for mentoring health workers in various health facilities to maintain service registers, conducting regular data quality assessments activities, ensure accurate and timely facility reports and support facilities to run basic data analysis for decision making.
S/he will be required to maintain confidentiality and integrity for the facility data as directed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure facilities have standard data collection and reporting tools
- Support facility based service providers to update health records and registers in line with national guidelines including the EMR
- Verify data based on MOH defined service standards.
- Support and mentor health workers on data utilization for decision making.
- Responsible for ensuring data quality is maintained.
- Support health workers in conducting regular data quality assurance.
- Actively follow-up facilities to ensure that commonly agreed data management improvement plans are followed and monitored by all parties.
- Provide basic data summaries to facility as required from time to time.
- Support facilities to maintain data confidentiality and security.
- Support facilities to use data for decision making.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor from time to time.
- Diploma in Statistics / Health Information Systems / Information Technology with at least 4 years work experience in data management systems and experience in use of MOH tools.
- Excellent understanding of PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements is a must
- Experience in training is an added advantage.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite and word processing, databases, spreadsheets, including advanced skills in at least two of the following programs: SPSS, Epi Info, Stata. Good organizational, planning, interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply:
Gold Star Kenya has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: email@example.com.
Please specify the location and quote the Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application, CV/resume including salary requirements, to be received not later than 1st September 2019
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.