The ICRC Dar es salaam Mission in Tanzania is looking for an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
Finance & Administration Assistant (Kibondo)
Tanzanian nationals / residents only
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Mission in Dar es salaam co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kibondo and Dar es salaam Tanzania.
Overall Responsibility: The Incumbent is responsible for preparing, reconciling and analyzing the accounting records and financial reports of the office/other structure under his/her responsibility.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Manages the purchase process in Kibondo, according to the Rules of Financial Management and other policies in use in the organization;
- Manages Account Payables for Kibondo and makes sure that the payment dossiers are complete and duly approved according to the Rules of Financial management and ICRC policies;
- Trains the employees in Kibondo about the Rules of Financial management;
- Prepares and validates the daily Cash Control file;
- Manages the premises according to the ICRC standards and policies;
- Supervises the Passive Security at Kibondo Office according to ICRC standards and requirements;
- Organises airport pick and drop for ICRC staff based in Kibondo or coming from Dar es salaam, Nairobi or Geneva;
- Organises local travels (flights, road trip), accommodation in ICRC Compound or hotels in Western Corridor;
- Monitors the communications related to movements of ICRC vehicles in Western Corridor;
- Supports DAR Administration in the management of any HR related matter for Kibondo employees;
- Monitors the cash needs and the forecasts for Kibondo office and assists in case of need.
Minimum required knowledge & experience
- University Degree in Business and/or Administration or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Work experience of at least 3 years in a similar function;
- Excellent command of English;
- Excellent computer skills, (Excel in particular) and knowledge of one accounting software will be an asset.
The interested candidates should submit their applications latest by 04.09.2019 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (certificates, degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Dar es salaam Mission, HR Department via: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference (Finance and Administration Assistant) must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required academic & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process.
Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.