Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Vacant Positions: Field Officer – Universal Basic Income (UBI) Project
REPORTING TO: Senior Field Officer
START DATE: 26th August, 2019
DURATION: 3 Months
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 7th August,2019
ELIGIBILITY: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to
global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the Project: The Field Officer under the general supervision of the Senior Field Officer and within the limits of Innovations for Poverty Action-Kenya policies will implement survey field activities and functions.
Below is a list of some of the general duties and responsibilities of the Field Officer, to be carried out as needed according to the determination of the Senior Field Officer.
The commitment sought for this position is a minimum of 3 months.
This position will be based in Siaya with up to 90% of field travel across all sub counties in Siaya County.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Data collection on SurveyCTO: Assist with translations, piloting surveys and actual data collection.
- For phone surveys: ensure timely collection of quality data by conducting surveys, interviews and other scheduled activities by telephone and by rigorously following the study protocol with minimal supervision
- Ensure that data integrity is always maintained and minimize errors in data collection and transmission.
- Ensure proper respondent identification and administration of informed consent
- Completion of scheduled activities each day in a timely manner including keeping logs of work accomplished and call backs as assigned by SFO and UBI management
- Assist in the development and translation of questionnaires into local languages
- Providing study management team with regular feedback on field activities.
- Assist with organizing materials in readiness for fieldwork
- Providing feedback during debriefs on field operations and survey instruments that will inform and monitor improvements in project operations
- Interact with community members with the highest level of integrity, respect and understanding
- Assist in daily electronic devices maintenance and storage
- Other tasks as assigned by the UBI management team
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in social sciences, economics, public policy, or related fields.
- At least 1 year of field research experience. Extensive experience in implementing data collection.
- Previous experience in translation and survey administration.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection at various levels (planning, piloting and collecting)
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and team player
- Excellent verbal communication skills with fluency in Luo is a must, but also English and Swahili
- Previous tablet-based survey experience / computer literate.
- Willingness to use any means of travel including walking, riding on bikes (Boda boda) and willing to travel to rural parts of Siaya County
- Experience conducting quantitative data collection especially conducting surveys using SurveyCTO, ODK or any other CAI’s.
- Experience in developing work plans, survey tracking and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to work in demanding environment including weekends.
- Prior experience conducting phone surveys is an added advantage
To apply CLICK HERE
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Field Officer-UBI Project-Siaya. The statements are not intended
to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please
note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant at any recruitment stage.