Jaffery Academy Mombasa is a welcoming friendly international school in the coastal region with vibrant learning space incorporating the latest technology to engage and inspire students.
The school provides high quality education from the ages of 3 to 18 and follows the UK Curriculum (IGCSE, AS & A Levels).
We have the nursery, junior and senior section.
The Academy is seeking to recruit a motivated Learning Support Teacher for the junior school.
- Review and oversee the implementation of the Learning Support Policy within the junior school.
- Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students with Learning Support needs. Assist in the preparation of special teaching aides for use with these students.
- Attend Parent Support Group and Teacher Advisor meetings for Special Needs students.
- Assist with the administrative tasks, Agendas and minutes, Individual Learning Plans and other administrative tasks associated with Special Needs students.
- Support the design and implementation of a comprehensive Learning Support database.
- Support Teachers understand the specific learning needs of students.
- Be accountable for Learning supported student’s progress so that each individual student achieves their optimum level in the subject(s) and ensure that effective strategies are in place to further raise standards of student attainment and achievement;
- Work closely with the teachers to track student progress, monitor patterns and take appropriate action to combat underachievement and low aspiration
- Ensure the effective management and deployment of staff and physical resources within the department.
- Drawing up budget plans for Learning Support activities and ensure allocated resources are utilized with maximum efficiency.
- Identify & develop appropriate support, care and guidance strategies as required for identified individual and group students to support their learning.
- Implement a quality assurance framework and self-evaluation system that involves all stakeholders and leads to the synthesis of strategic priorities in relation to student support, guidance and development.
- Communicate Jaffery Academy’s Learning support values and ethos clearly to students, staff, parents and the community and ensure all are clear of the school’s expectations of them.
- Ensure a safe, secure and healthy environment for students with learning challenges and staff by making sure that Health and Safety procedures are adhered to at all times.
- To maintain confidentiality and sensitivity to the student’s special needs but have regard to the school’s procedures for the safety and protection of students and the school.
Key qualifications, skills & qualities required
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a Kenyan University in Special Needs Education.
- Must be registered with Teachers Service Commission.
- Teaching experience of more than five years.
- Demonstrable knowledge of teaching, learning & assessment strategies
- Knowledge of quality assurance and accountability systems
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends in teaching and learning practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to form effective relationships with all stakeholder groups
- Ability to think and act strategically; analyse, problem solve and prioritise; lead and manage people; inspire & motivate others,
- Ability to lead strategies successfully
- Role model for teaching and learning across the school
- Willingness and ability to attend meetings/events outside normal school day
- Commitment to continuous personal growth.
If you are qualified and motivated to work in a school with an international curriculum, we would like to hear from you.
Kindly submit your application accompanied by a detailed CV and relevant documents to email@example.com not later than 12th August 2019.
The title of the email should be learning support teacher.