Job Vacancy: Procurement & Logistics Officer
About Us: Kesho Kenya is a dynamic, medium sized and growing NGO currently facilitating over 700 children to access schools and universities and also supports more than 12,000 of their siblings, peers, parents and teachers.
Founded in 2004, Kesho takes a novel long-term, creative and holistic approach to change that includes offering financial support for education, academic and literacy support, enrichment and training, child protection and family support and youth development.
The Position: An exciting opportunity has arisen within Kesho for an innovative, effective, self-driven Procurement and Logistics Officer to manage the supply of products and services that Kesho needs to procure in order to keep the organization and it’s projects running at any given time.
In addition to procuring products & services, the Officer will be responsible for ensuring that those products and services are properly received, documented, accounted for, and efficiently transported to project teams if need be on time.
The Officer also takes responsibility for documenting and maintaining all assets and inventory, partnering with the Project Operations team to ensure that projects receive the equipment they require on time.
The position is for an initial contract period of 1 year and renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
The position location is Kesho Office, Kilifi.
Job Purpose: The role is responsible and accountable for the provision of efficient, effective and proactive procurement and logistics support to Kesho and it’s projects with a commitment to constantly finding ways to reduce spending, enabling Kenya to invest more in growth and people, all while strictly adhering to Kesho’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring full implementation of Kesho’s logistics, procurement and administrative policies and procedures, and related donor compliance requirements.
- Support the effective and efficient planning and processing of all logistics, procurement and administrative activities and transactions for grants and office operations in line with stated policies and procedures, delegation of approval authorities and existing software systems, related to:
- Formulation, planning, budgeting, implementation and closeout activities
- Monitoring, compliance and reporting activities
- Competitive bidding and vendor selection
- Preparation of requisition requests and purchase orders in line with approval authorities and availability of funds
- Identify, mitigate on risks such as pilferage, obsolesce, etc and report
- Secure all appropriate insurance coverage’s
- Direct the timely compilation of information and preparation of related analyses and briefs for use by senior management for decision making purposes, with an emphasis on meeting monthly, quarterly, and annual planning, budget forecasting and compliance reporting requirements
- Safeguard all physical assets, and ensure all documents are securely filed
- Occasionally visit field offices to audit procurement and logistic processes as well as provide guidance as required including cost allocations for mileages.
- Assist in program reviews and project formulation activities, and perform miscellaneous duties as directed by the Finance Manager
- Be accountable for the integrity, efficiency and effectiveness of Kesho’s procurement processes and systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience and Personal Attributes
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree In Supplies, Logistics or any relevant Business Degree
- Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and supplies (CIPS) is preferable.
- At least 3 years of experience in the supplies and logistics management preferable in an NGO.
- Knowledge of best practice procurement practices
- Competence in procurement planning
- Ability to coordinate the work of others, work under pressure on tight and different deadlines and handle multiple concurrent projects/activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- High level of integrity
Essential Personal Attributes
- Team player
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Creative and innovative
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
- Self-starter who is able to work independently with minimal support but can also work well in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on time with attention to detail and accuracy
- Commitment to Kesho’s core values
This job advertisement does not list all the duties of the posted job and a further job description will be provided.
Qualified and interested candidates should fill this online form https://forms.gle/h7fkyiVZJJievcsy5 and submit a covering letter and current CV addressed to email@example.com
Applications must be submitted by Friday 30th August, 2019 at 5pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kesho’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to respect the rights of the child including prevention of all forms of child abuse as such, all recruitment is in accordance with Kesho’s Child Protection Policy.