Kericho Water and Sanitation Company Limited (KEWASCO), established in 1997 with a vision to be a model of excellence in water and sanitation provision, and now merged with the rural based Tililbei Water and Sanitation Company Ltd, is seeking to fill the vacant position of a Human Resource and Administration Manager.
Location: Kericho County, Kenya.
Employer: Kericho Water & Sanitation Company Limited.
Terms of Employment: Contract (three years renewable based on performance).
Main Purpose of Job: Reporting to the Managing Director he/she is responsible for development of policies, overall management and coordination of Human Resource and Administration functions, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services while ensuring all staff have a conducive working environment for personal and career growth.
Key Performance Areas
- Provide leadership to the day-to-day operations of the department, while maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals;
- Liaise with departmental heads in identifying the organization’s training and development needs;
- Provide advisory and manage recruitment process, oversee the placement, contracting and induction of new staff;
- Guide departmental managers to conduct staff performance appraisals effectively;
- Review and update all systems related to HR management in the organization (leave, payroll, staff loans, employee files);
- Manage the Company’s remuneration including payroll administration, Staff Medical Insurance scheme and ensure conformity to all statutory requirement;
- Maintain harmonious industrial relations with the Staff Union; lead the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) negotiations and manage implementation of the same;
- Ensure that the Company’s training and development plans are prepared in time and appropriate training initiatives are developed in line with the training calendar;
- Ensure staff leave utilization is effectively managed, accurately tracked and appropriate recommendations made;
- Oversee administrative services such as office services, registry and company premises and renovations;
Skills, Knowledge & Other Job Requirements
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- • Bachelors Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent. Those with Masters’ degrees in Human Resources Management will have added advantage ;
- Must be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (K) with a current Practicing Certificate;
• 0ver 5 years progressive experience as a Human Resource and Administration Manager at senior managerial level.
Communication Skills and Competencies
- Must have profound knowledge and skills HR processes, job description, job evaluation
- Possess profound knowledge on recruitment, staff development, training, promotions, HR processes / systems, job description, job evaluation, performance assessment, contracting,
- Possess strong communication skills and superb inter-personal skills;
- Possess knowledge of Employment Act/Labour laws;
Remuneration: An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the job and the experience of the individual will be negotiated with the right candidate.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can submit his/her application with detailed CV and photocopies of relevant testimonials, stating his/her current position, current and expected remuneration package, e-mail, contact and telephone number, names and contacts of three referees.
Submit your application in a sealed envelope marked, “Application for the post of Human Resources & Administration Manager” to reach the undersigned latest Friday, 30th August, 2019
The Managing Director
Kericho Water & Sanitation Co. Ltd
P.O Box 1379 – 2020200
Tel: (052) 20602
Detailed job description is found on our website www.kewasco.co.ke.
NB: Canvassing will lead to disqualification and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.