Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Exciting Career Opportunity
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at an advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The management is seeking to attract interested and qualified candidates on short term basis (Locum), to fill the positions listed below for our Outreach Health Centres:
Laboratory Technologist – Outreach Health Centres (Locum)
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Medical Officer in Charge the successful candidate will be responsible for preparing documentation, processing patient’s samples, ensuring timely dispatch of results and maintain records
- Receive and process specimens, release patients result and archive specimens as per laboratory procedures.
- Maintain relevant equipment in terms of routine maintenance, calibration and quality control.
- Participate in proficiency testing and other quality assurance programs.
- Create and maintain documents and records as required in the laboratory.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant policies and procedures including but not limited to those related to safety and infection control.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Higher National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Excellent knowledge of laboratory operations and procedures.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in hematology, biochemistry, histology and microbiology is essential.
- Minimum three years working experience in a busy medical laboratory.
- Knowledge and experience in ISO 15189 Standard is desirable.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board with a current practice license is mandatory.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application letter quoting job title and preferred outreach on the email subject, together with a detailed curriculum vitae including names and contacts of three reference current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th August, 2019.
Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”