Republic of Kenya
County Government of Machakos
Pursuant to Section 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and Section 58 of The County Governments’ Act of 2012, the County Government of Machakos invites applications from qualified and suitable Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions:
Position: County Public Service Board Member
Terms of service: 6 Years Non-Renewable Contract
Salary: As per Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC) Guidelines
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the leadership of the Chairperson, CPSB Members will execute the following mandate:
- Establishing and abolishing offices in the County Public Service.
- Appointing persons to hold or act in offices of the County Public Service and confirming appointments and removing persons holding or acting in those offices as provided for in law.
- Exercising disciplinary control over the public service.
- Advising the County Government on Human Resource Management and Development matters.
- Advising the County Government on implementation and monitoring of the Performance Management System in the county.
- Ensure a lean and efficient organizational structure and facilitate the development of coherent Integrated Human Resource Planning and Budgeting for personnel emoluments in the county,
- Make recommendations to the Salaries and Remuneration Commission on behalf of the County Government, on the remuneration, pensions and gratuities for the County Public Service.
- Ensure the preparation of regular reports on the execution of the functions of the Board as per Section 59 (d & f) of the County Government Act, 2012 and submit the same to the County Assembly on time.
- Evaluate and report to the County Assembly on the extent to which the values and principles outlined in Article 10 and 232 are complied with in the County Public Service.
- Perform any other relevant duties as per the County Governments’ Act.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
For appointment to this position the applicant must:
1. Be Kenya citizen.
2. Be a holder of a first degree from a University recognized in Kenya (A Master’s degree will be added advantage).
3. Have relevant knowledge and a working experience of not less than five years.
4. Be a professional who demonstrates absence of breach of the relevant professional code of conduct.
5. Understand the diversity within Machakos County.
6. Be capable of working under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
7. Be visionary and strategic thinker.
8. Be committed to be part of a dedicated team that will enable the County Government of Machakos achieve its vision and development agenda.
9. Meet the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya and provide current clearances from KRA, HELB, EACC, CRB and the CID.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill the official job application form (MCPSB 2018) accessible from Machakos County website www.machakosgovernment.co.ke/iobs.
Applicants must attach to the Job Application Form a covering letter, curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials, Identity Card/Passport, and Clearance Certificates.
Those attaching copies of degree certificates from non-Kenyan universities must attach an approval of the degrees from the Commission for University Education.
Applications should be sent to:
The County Secretary
County Government of Machakos
P.O. Box 1996-90100
Hand-delivered applications can be dropped at the office of the County Secretary located at the headquarters of the Machakos County Government – former Municipal Council Building, Machakos Town, by 5:00 pm on 10th September, 2019.
The County Government of Machakos is an “Equal Opportunity Employer.”
People living with disability, women and youth are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.