Job Title: HR Officer – Packaging Material
Industry: Manufacturing (Packaging Material)
Reports to: Director
Salary: 55k – 75k
Our client is a fast growing manufacturing company located in Thika town, seeking to hire a competent, business minded and strategic Human Resource Officer.
The successful candidates will be tasked with managing the staff and be in charge of the day to day operation of the company.
Key Responsibilities of the HR Officer Job
- Coordinate the recruitment and placement of new staff as required and conduct staff orientation
- Co-ordinate closely with management to anticipate the need for additional manpower resources
- Ensures performance management and staff development by addressing training and development goals for all staff are achieved
- Custodian of all HR policies and procedures, enforce implementation and adherence while recommending revisions and improvements
- Ensures staff files, employment contracts, job descriptions, and all other individual staff documentation are kept up to date.
- Ensure the organization’s HR policies are compliant with legal and local labor laws hence minimizing HR and compliance risks
- Help to build and maintain a positive organizational culture across the organization
- Support the payroll process by ensuring that correct data is provided to the finance department.
- Manage the office administration requirements such as office maintenance, vehicle maintenance, office environment and logistics, operational procurement requirements among others
- Day-to-day management of departmental staff to ensure delivery of assignments, tasks ongoing development feedback
- Work hand in hand with Director in the day to day operations of the company.
- Maintaining accurate administrative records and preparation of admin reports as required
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Skills and Qualifications of the HR Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Social Science
- Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- 3- 5 years’ experience in a similar capacity
- Conversant with the labor laws in Kenya and up to date with HR best practices
- Excellent organizational skills
- Passion for building teams, finding talent, building relationships and tackling challenging people-related issues.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills combined with a sense of initiative, urgency and integrity
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (HR Officer – Packaging Material)) to email@example.com before Thursday 5th August 2019
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.