Gold Star Kenya (GSK) was established in 2010 as a local Non-Governmental Organization; GSK was born out of the success of the Gold Star Network, a social franchise program initiative established in 2006 to promote comprehensive quality HIV care amongst a network of private health providers in Kenya.
GSK implements health related projects in Kenya.
We seek qualified candidates for the following position:
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job Ref: GSK-MEO-056
Reports to: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Nakuru (1) and Laikipia (1)
Project: Afya Nyota ya Bonde Project – Rift Valley
Job Summary: Implement and manage a comprehensive monitoring and information system, ensure consistency, timely reporting and integrity of data. Conduct data analysis, interpret data including statistical values, and provide advice and consultation regarding data capture tools.
He/she will participate in other activities related to HMIS, research, targeted evaluation, surveillance surveys and monitoring and evaluation as well as provide assistance and training to project staff involved in data collection, analysis and reporting at all levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of project data bases in the field office.
- Assist in coordination of monitoring and evaluation activities of the project at county level, focusing specifically on capacity building of partners on systems for collecting data for measuring project implementation.
- Under the senior M&E officer guidance, offer technical assistance to develop and implement monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Provide logistical support to ensure constant availability and technical support to ensure use of approved standardized tools by facilities and implementing partners in accordance with guidelines stipulated by USAID and GOK.
- Ensure facilities understand the project indicators, have a functional system for collecting, analysis and synthesis of monitoring data.
- Offer technical support on reporting tools, data management processes, analysis and interpretation of indicators to implementing partners to meet program requirements.
- Train facilities and project staff on reporting requirements, indicator definitions and use of data tools.
- Plan and facilitate capacity building and training of project staff and facilities in monitoring and evaluation through formal and informal adult learning methods.
- Coordinate collection of public health project in Kenya program activities data to ensure it is complete and timely.
- Coordinate routine data quality assessments within respective regions.
- Provide support in compiling monthly reports and basic data analysis.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Experience in setting up data bases,
- Experience in training and capacity building using adult learning methods,
- Experience in data analysis and presenting statistical reports
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines,
- Demonstrated team player,
- Keen to maintain data security and data quality systems
- Working knowledge of USAID/PEPFAR data requirements
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with implementing partners
- MS/MA/MPH in relevant field with 3-5 years’ relevant experience or BS/BA in relevant field with at least 5-7 years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Computer proficiency in word processing, databases, spreadsheets, including advanced skills in at least two of the following programs: SPSS, Excel, Stata, and Ms Access.
- Demonstrated experience with Health Management Information Systems and ability to transfer knowledge through informal and formal training
How to Apply:
Gold Star Kenya has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email to: email@example.com and please specify the location and quote the Requisition ID provided on the subject line while sending your application, CV/resume including salary requirements, to be received by 1st September 2019.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.