Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Exciting Career Opportunity
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at an advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa – Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet and Narok.
The management is seeking to attract interested and qualified candidates on short term basis (Locum), to fill the positions listed below for our Outreach Health Centres:
Nursing Officer – Outreach Health Centres (Locum)
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Medical Officer in Charge the successful candidate will provide safe and competent nursing care to patients at the respective Outreach Health Centre.
- Demonstrates clinical practice competence in nursing management of all patients
- Participate in quality improvement and patient safety initiatives
- Provide efficient and quality care that is cost-effective; and that ensures value for money
- Ensure safe custody and correct administration of drugs.
- Coordinate safe transfer of patients
- Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse or Kenya Registered Nurse / Midwife.
- Basic Life Support /Advanced Cardiac Life Support and any other specialty certification will be an added advantage.
- Over two years’ experience in a Medical / Surgical setting in a busy medical institution.
- Valid Kenyan nursing practice license.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application letter quoting job title and preferred outreach on the email subject, together with a detailed curriculum vitae including names and contacts of three reference current and expected remuneration to email@example.com on or before 30th August, 2019.
Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification.
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”