One Acre Fund
Senior Software Engineer
Job Purpose: Looking for experienced developers to build solutions in C# / Angular that empowering our field team to enroll and deliver high-quality inputs to smallholder farmers in East Africa and across the world.
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive.
We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests.
We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly.
We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
One Acre Fund relies on a custom Client Management System (CMS) & Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Information System to help us run our field program.
Our CMS currently handles the enrollment of close to a million smallholder farm families across multiple countries, tracks client orders, manages the delivery of seed, fertilizer, and solar lights to within walking distance of every client, processes millions of payment transactions, and creates a wide variety of business intelligence reports.
The Senior Software Engineer will be based in Kigali, Rwanda.
S/he will be responsible for the following:
- Managing a small, collaborative, agile team of software developers.
- Writing, testing, and deploying code for our Angular, NodeJS, .NET (C#), SQL stack.
- Participating in pair programming and peer code reviews.
- Maintaining coding standards and exemplifying best practices.
- Following an initial period of close mentorship, supervision will consist of a weekly 1 hr check-in with the director of the department.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 7-10+ years of experience, solid programming skills, project leadership, and team management.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 7-10+ years of strong work experience in a professional environment.
- Project leadership experience, multiple years of team management experience a plus.
- .NET (C#) or Java. Strong proficiency with SQL is required.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks and continuous integration a plus.
- Very strong self-manager. Someone who is very well-organized, and can manage their communication, time, and work independently.
- Previous experience living in a developing country is desired, but not a requirement.
- Willingness to commit to the position for at least two years.
- Language: English required, French is a plus.
Preferred Start Date: ASAP
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Duration: Full-time job
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates: Yes. East Africans strongly encouraged to apply.
Application link: https://grnh.se/cee41e091
Closing date: October 28, 2019
Note: Please submit a Resume/CV, not exceeding more than 1-2 pages, which includes, Education, Work Experience, Specialized/Technical Skills, Achievements/Awards and any other Experience (Volunteering, Extracurriculars, etc). References do not need to be included, and will only be required upon request, after the final interview.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.