Career Opportunity: Primary School Head Teacher
A prestigious private kindergarten & primary school located in South B, Nairobi is looking for a self-driven, energetic, competent, and motivated educational leader who will provide professional, supervisory and administrative leadership for the school.
School Head Teacher
Reporting to the School Director, the School Head teacher will be responsible for leadership, supervisory and management of the school both at Kindergarten and Primary.
He/she will be responsible for driving the school growth initiatives and new markets.
The candidate will define the responsibilities and accountability of staff members and oversee the plans for interpreting the school curriculum.
- Ensuring the vision for the school is clearly articulated, shared, understood and acted upon effectively by all
- Building a strong and cohesive culture that is supported by effective systems and structures
- Lead the development and implementation of teaching approaches, methodologies and schemes of work
- Setting targets and goals for school staff through a participative process
- Providing regular feedback to colleagues in a way that recognizes good practice and supports their progress against professional and performance management objectives
- Conducting annual reviews based on standards of leadership, teaching and learning in specific areas of responsibility.
- Monitoring coverage of the syllabus, quality of teaching and effectiveness of learning outcomes
- Ensuring teachers have all necessary working resources required in undertaking their responsibilities
- Providing leadership in guiding the various co-curricular activities and school-based events
- Working closely with senior school management/Directors to achieve high levels of team spirit and synergy
- Handling behaviour rectification matters to develop unique, courteous, respectful individuals.
- Maintain high level of discipline in the school for both teachers and students
- Building effective relationships with parents, education partners and external stakeholders.
- Managing school operations
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of degree or Diploma in Education (P1) or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in a school set up, 2 years of which should have been in a leadership position. Experience as a Senior Teacher or Head of department will be an added advantage
- Demonstrate proven track record in educational leadership including school administration, classroom instruction, lesson plans, student assessment and staff development.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that enables open communication with parents, teachers and learners.
- A self-motivated, energetic person who enjoys working in a busy and dynamic working environment.
- The flexibility to learn and adapt to new cultures with good coaching and mentoring skills
- Demonstrates ability to think and act critically, creatively and independently
- Pro-active, mature and committed individual who can work with minimum supervision
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft packages
- Registration with Teacher Service Commission (TSC).
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Kindly indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please also indicate your current and expected salary.
Applications should reach us no later than August 14, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.