Job Vacancy: Procurement Officer
Role Summary: The core responsibilities of the Procurement Officer is ensuring timely issuing of materials and tools from the store and suppliers, maintaining stock levels and general store management.
- Devise, employ fruitful supplier sourcing strategies and maintain supplier database.
- Discover the most profitable suppliers and initiate business partnerships.
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and or materials and services.
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts with suppliers.
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure the clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company.
- Perform risk management regarding supply contracts and agreements.
- Maintain all the records of customer and company property in the store.
- Responsible for safe custody of stored product.
- Generating stock report and advising teams on what is available in the store.
- Initiate purchase requisitions as per procurement procedures.
- Update inventory records in the finance.
- Ensuring accurate completion of all the procurement requests to include the proper documentation of materials and cost expenditures
- Maintaining a close continuing relationship with vendors, suppliers, and contractors
- Fill purchase orders, LPOs and requisitions to ensure fulfillment or cancellation without loss of funds
- Maintain required administrative files and records pertaining procurement
Key Requirements and Skills
- Diploma/Degree in Purchasing and Supplies or Supply Chain Management
- Experience in a manufacturing set up will be an added advantage
- A good team player with excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- 3 years’ experience in a busy procurement department
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Understanding of supply chain procedures.
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses.
- Negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day 13 September 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted