Catholic Dioceses of Nakuru
Job Vacancy: Programme Coordinator – Social Welfare Programme
The Social Welfare Programme was established in 1973 to identify and prioritize community needs that required social interventions to improve the quality of life of vulnerable and marginalized groups within the diocese.
The Programme targets the vulnerable groups (street children, street youths and their families, orphans, commercial sex workers, the elderly persons and social groups).
Reporting to Diocesan Caritas Director, the person will provide overall strategic and operational leadership in the Social Welfare Programme (SWP), coordinate implementation of Programme activities, and carry out Monitoring and Evaluation of projects in the programme.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out community needs assessment and facilitate prioritization of their needs.
- Carry out project management activities including planning, proposal development, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all the projects under the Programme.
- Network with relevant government ministries, NGOs, project partners and other stakeholders, including Diocesan Programmes.
- Organise for and undertake local, regional and/or international resource mobilization for the projects implemented under the Programme.
- Provide Guidance and Counseling support to individual clients and support groups served by the Programme with utmost professionalism
- Supervise Programme Staff and ensure highest standard of work ethics are upheld.
- Review programme staff duties and allocation, set performance standards and targets, and appraise the staff performance on a regular basis.
- Implement set policies by the Diocesan management, promote mission, vision and philosophy of Diocese of Nakuru and participate in its social responsibility activities.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A degree in Social sciences, or Social Ministry, or Social Development studies/Social Work, or Project Management and Administration from a recognized university
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience, particularly working with vulnerable women, youth and children, 2 of which must be at a supervisory level.
- Experience in resource mobilization, and community participatory approaches
- Knowledge and skill in networking and collaboration
- Management experience with knowledge of Participatory Project Planning, Implementation, Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Good interpersonal skills, communication, & report writing skills
- Experience from interacting with NGOs, funding agencies and government ministries is desirable
- Must have a valid driving license
- Must have excellent computer skills
Interested candidates should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed CV, copies of academic testimonials and names of three referees and day time telephone contacts to:
Human Resource Director
Catholic Diocese of Nakuru
P.O. Box 938 – 20100
or E-mail us – firstname.lastname@example.org
So as to be received by Friday, 9th August 2019.
Kindly indicate Current & Expected consolidated salary in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Catholic Diocese of Nakuru is an equal opportunity employer