Catholic Dioceses of Nakuru
Job Vacancy: Programme Coordinator – Integrated Programme For The Children With Disabilities (The Small Homes Programme)
The Small Homes Programme was established in 1980 to coordinate and offer services to the disabled and needy children who are either neglected because of their disability or cannot access basic medical attention or quality education.
The Programme runs 6 Small Homes which are built near regular schools in order to offer hostel like accommodation for children while they attend school.
Reporting to Diocesan Caritas Director, the person will provide overall strategic and operational leadership in the Small Homes Programme (SHP), coordinate implementation of Programme activities, and carry out Monitoring and Evaluation on projects in the programme.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out community needs assessment and facilitate prioritization of their needs.
- Carry out project management activities including planning, proposal development, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on all the projects under the Programme.
- Network with relevant government ministries, NGOs, project partners and other stakeholders, including Diocesan Programmes.
- Organise for and undertake local, regional and/or international resource mobilisation for the projects implemented under the Programme.
- Provide Guidance and Counseling support to individual clients and support groups served by the Programme with utmost professionalism
- Supervise the Programme Staff and ensure highest standard of work ethics are upheld.
- Review Programme staff duties allocation, set performance standards and targets, and appraise the staff performance on a regular basis.
- Implement set policies by the Diocesan management, promote mission, vision and philosophy of Diocese of Nakuru and participate in its social responsibility activities.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A degree in Education (Special Needs Education), or A degree in Social sciences, or Social Work, or Social Ministry, or Project Management or Administration from a recognized university and a KISE Diploma training.
- Specialization in the area of intellectual disability is an advantage
- Experience in CBR, Assessment and Inclusive Education
- Experience in resource mobilization and community participatory approaches
- Knowledge and skill in networking and collaboration
- Management experience with knowledge of Participatory Project Planning, Implementation, Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Good interpersonal skills, communication, & report writing skills
- Experience from interacting with NGOs, funding agencies and government ministries is desirable
- Must have a valid driving license
- Must have excellent computer skills
Interested candidates should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed CV, copies of academic testimonials and names of three referees and day time telephone contacts to:
Human Resource Director
Catholic Diocese of Nakuru
P.O. Box 938 – 20100
OR E-mail us – email@example.com
So as to be received by Friday, 9th August 2019.
Kindly indicate Current & Expected consolidated salary in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Catholic Diocese of Nakuru is an equal opportunity employer