Our client, an interior fit outs construction company based in Nairobi with projects country wide is seeking to engage a Project Management Intern / Interior Designer Intern.
Overall Job Purpose: To assist in handling interior design and to assist in Preparation of final plans, using computer applications
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in Providing design and administrative support for every project provided.
- Assist in Working on 3D drawings and show interior spaces or exterior spaces with colour schemes.
- Assist in keeping communication lines open with clients, contractors and subcontractors
- Ensure the best solution is provided per space
- Helping in Determining the client’s goals and requirements of the project
- Consider how the space will be used and how people will move through the space
- Assist in Sketching preliminary design plans, including electrical layouts and various BOQ specifications
- Specify materials and furnishings, such as lighting, furniture, wall finishes, flooring, and plumbing fixtures.
- Assist in Preparation of final plans, using computer applications
- Assist in Creating a timeline for the interior design project and estimate project costs
- Assist in Placing orders for materials and oversee installing the design elements
- Visit after the project to ensure that the client is satisfied
- Diploma in Construction Management/Project Management
- A thorough technical understanding of building construction methods
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel and Power-point) with excellent command of oral and written English and Kiswahili
- Possess business etiquette with a strong work ethic, high level of honesty/integrity and results oriented Arch card and Computer-aided design (CAD) software skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good planning and coordination skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send their CVs and Cover letter to email@example.com clearly indicating the position they are applying for on the email subject not later than 12th August 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Career Management is an equal opportunity and does not discriminate the applicants on any basis.