Practical Action has an exciting opportunity for a Project Officer – Water Engineer in the East Africa office.
The Project Officer – Water Engineer will oversee the implementation of water resources development and supply networks.
The position holder will design and implement water supply systems that empower local communities to effectively manage and utilize their water resources while promoting appropriate livelihood activities mainly in ASAL context.
The Project Officer – Water Engineer is responsible for:
- Contributing to Practical Action’s strategic direction and scope for contributing to change in the climate and resilience sector, using a systems approach to analyse and integrate cultural, political and economic factors.
- Ensure that Practical Action’s work draws on learning and innovation from work in the field and other partners and are shared effectively with the wider Practical Action organization.
- Participate in local level advocacy/ policy influencing events for low cost water supply technologies and approaches at the County level.
- Work with Water Service Providers (WSPs), County Governments and Water Works Boards (WWBs) to expand the reach and coverage of water supply networks in underserved low income communities.
An experienced professional, you will have:
- Minimum of National Diploma in Water Engineering or a related discipline with relevant experience.
- Specialised training in project management and/or community development is desirable
- At least five (5) years working experience in designing and implementing water supply projects. Previous working experience with an international NGO will be an advantage
- Good understanding of dryland environment and water resources
- Previous working experience in, and understanding of sanitation challenges in ASALs and the Lake Basin
In return, you will get an opportunity to work for an organisation that is making a positive difference to the lives of people worldwide, a friendly and supportive culture, working with values driven and highly engaged colleagues – these are just some of the reasons we think Practical Action is a great place to work.
In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- Work week of 35 hours
- 25 days’ annual leave, in addition to public holidays.
- A pension scheme that new employees join immediately on employment – employer contributes 12.5% of gross salary. Employee contribution is voluntary
- Life assurance (5x annual salary).
How to Apply:
You can access the detailed job profile here: https://practicalaction.org/careers/vacancies/project-officer-water-engineer-kenya/
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CV to email@example.com with subject line “Project Officer – Water Engineer” so as to reach Practical Action on or before Wednesday 11th September 2019.
We treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
Practical Action are committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in Kenya.