Directline Assurance Company Limited
We are looking for motivated and qualified professionals to fill the position of Sales & Business Development Officer – Non Motor.
Overall Purpose of the Job: Responsible for driving sales in the organization and ensuring the sales team meet the sales targets set for the Non Motor portfolio.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage Sales / Marketing budgets for non-motor products and ensure sales targets are met.
- In liaison with the MD formulate, implement and monitor the Sales Department strategic plans.
- In liaison with HR recruit and motivate employees in line with the organization’s strategic plans and ensure compliance with company HR policies/ procedures.
- Ensure accurate preparation, and timely submission of sales and marketing reports to management and the Board.
- In-charge of product innovation and development of new products.
- Grow the business portfolio, oversee the operation of marketing activities/programs, and development of marketing strategies in the company.
- Periodically conduct external and internal business analysis to understand, and adapt to changing client needs.
- Implementing branding strategy to ensure Directline brand visibility.
- In liaison with the Claims Manager and other heads of departments, manage claim Loss Ratios within set parameters for sustainable profitability of the company.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders
- Align the operations of the marketing with appropriate technology to increase operational efficiency.
- Prepare periodic reports for marketing/sales to the management and Board
- Implement marketing policies and ensure efficient administration.
- Understanding the customers and their needs.
- Any other responsibilities will be communicated to the Officer from time to time.
- Sales and/or Marketing university degree from an institution recognized by Commission for Higher Education
- Minimum Overall Grade of C+ in KCSE
- Certificate of Insurance (COP)
- AIIK Diploma/CII Diploma or any insurance related qualification will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ working experience in preferably within an Insurance Company OR Intermediary.
- Experience in dealing with PSV will be an added advantage.
Skills and Attributes
- High level of integrity; able to maintain utmost confidentiality of information in their possession
- Excellent communication and marketing skills with a pleasant personality
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills
- Excellent knowledge of insurance operations
- Have great attention to detail
- Ability to drive sales
- Able to work as part of a team
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets or accounting software
Kindly note that the Company reserves the right to relocate its employees on Temporary or Permanent basis to any of the Company’s branches.
Applications to be received before 16th August 2019 close of Business (COB).
Please indicate the job being applied for in the subject heading of your email.