Job Re-advertisement: HOD Housekeeping
Location: Segera, Laikipia County
Reporting to: Tourism Manager
Goals and Objectives: This position of HOD Housekeeping will execute housekeeping operational standards in all relevant areas.
They will follow standards / procedures within the housekeeping department which meet the requirements and exceed the expectations of our guests and will play a pivotal role in making the Segera housekeeping offering of a world class standard.
The HOD Housekeeping will assist in the execution of procedures to ensure proper maintenance of all housekeeping areas and must ensure in all housekeeping areas, the highest standards, professionalism & a level of consistency that ensures Segera’s reputation and values are upheld at all times.
- To assist and support training initiatives of all Villa Attendants according to set standards and procedures
- To assist laundry attendant according to set standards and procedures
- Advise Tourism Manager of any guest related issues, including requests and complaints and ensure that these are addressed immediately.
- To work within the daily arrival/departure and occupied operational process in housekeeping timorously.
- Ensure all operating procedures and high cleaning standards within all housekeeping areas to include villas, picnic set-ups, and main areas are maintained at all times
- Understand standards as set by Segera and to maintain them as documented in the housekeeping standards
- To ensure you understand the usage and application of cleaning and chemical processes.
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene at all times in all areas of housekeeping and surroundings. This must be maintained in accordance with set standards.
- To control and ensure care for all villa linen according to set standards and procedures
- Liaising with Tourism Management and Experience Host and piers to ensure open channels of communication and optimum working relationships.
- Report any stock discrepancies to the Tourism Management as and when noticed
- Ensure care is taken of all assets and any breakages or theft are recorded and reported to the Tourism Management and Experience Host to be addressed immediately
- Ensure follow up on all requests – i.e. Maintenance requests, guest’s requests, in-villa F&B and housekeeping stocks
- To assist with housekeeping supervision in all guest according to set standards
- Ensure that correct procedures of garbage separation are abided to in all housekeeping areas and daily procedures of disposal are adhered to.
- To work according to a set roster, leave plan and work schedule
- Attend and be receptive to staff development and training, ensuring a high level of standards are met and maintained.
- Ensure loyalty and commitment to Segera is executed in all areas of your work and in communicating with guests.
- Close attention to detail on all matters and in all aspects of this position.
- Additional duties as and when needed or as the position or department develops.
- Act as Villa Attendant when needed and required
- Develop and submit monthly work plans in conjunction with Tourism Manager
- Assist in laundry when operations requires
- Planning of Leave and Off Roster for Housekeeping /Laundry Staff
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree/Diploma.
- Proven experience in the Housekeeping department
- Housekeeping Experience for a minimum of 5 years in a 5-star lodge/retreat/hotel
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Must have a certificate of good conduct
- Willingness to learn Segera standards
- Personable with good communication skills
- Honesty and reliability
- Well presented
- Flexible and solution driven
- Have good judgment and initiative
- Self driven and motivated
- Service orientated
- Humble – not arrogant / overconfident
- Pride in self and assets
- Prepared to work long and flexible hours
- Work well under pressure
Those who meet the above qualifications should submit their applications through firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the Human Resource Manager on or before 20th August, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Segera is a founder member of the Long Run Destinations.
For more information on the global network of Long Run Destinations and the Zeitz Foundation see www.thelongrun.com and www.zeitzfoundation