Our client is a fashion retailer operating 25 branches across the country.
They specialize in selling of elegant, unique and stylish footwear, bags, clothes and leather items.
They seek to hire a highly experienced person for the role of Senior Accountant.
The successful candidate will be in charge of analyzing financial information, preparing financial reports, preparing financial statements, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures.
This position reports to the Directors.
- Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports;
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions;
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures;
- Analyze and review budgets and expenditures for the company, contracts, in-line with organizational strategic goals;
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness;
- Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents;
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control;
- Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients;
- Resolve accounting discrepancies;
- Recommend, develop and maintain financial databases, computer software systems and manual filing systems;
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company’s automated financial systems;
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits;
- Develop the annual operating budget and consult with departmental management on the fiscal aspects of program planning, salary recommendations, and other administrative actions;
- Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff;
- At least 5+ years and above hands on accounting experience at senior level;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or equivalent Degree plus CPA K.;
- Knowledge of Finance, Accounting, Budgeting, And Cost Control Principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Knowledge of Financial and Accounting software applications particularly Sage Pastel Accounting software;
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections;
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule;
- Computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Communication skills, both oral and in writing;
- Deals well with pressure;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Reporting skills;
- Flexible (Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work);
- Analytical thinking skills;
- Good organizational skills;
- Good time management skills;
If you qualify for the above role, kindly send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5th September 2019.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be done as we receive the applications.